Every 6th note plays really loud

Every 6th note plays really loud
« on: January 19, 2018, 06:41:32 PM »
Hi!

I got myself a new Prophet-6 around Christmas. Tonight, I suddenly experienced a new kind of problem (out of nowhere!) which, at the moment, makes the synth unusable for me.

Every 6th note I play, will play really loud. Like putting a strong accent on it or overdriving the velocity. It won't happen on all patches but maybe half of them. I haven't been able to find any logical pattern regarding which presets that cause the problem.

Anybody else with the same problem? When searching Google, I've seen that a couple of other users have had problems with every 6th note on their P6/OB6 acting strange, but slightly different problems than mine.

I have the latest firmware (1.4.0) and I've tried calibrating the oscillators.

Edit: Ok, patches with Unison deactivated seem to cause this problem.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 06:46:57 PM by virion »

Pidcin

Re: Every 6th note plays really loud
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 06:47:52 PM »
Yikes. If every 6 note you play sounds off , like LOUDER , or harsher or even distorted it could be a faulty voice card ..

To be honest , I would call the shop you got it at , see if they can replace it . They usually have good policies ..

Also if this isn’t an option, DSI is usually pretty good with these things, I’ve heard them sending out voice card replacements .

I’d actually give them a call first to determine the issue .

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 02:43:08 PM »
Thanks for the info! I'm gonna talk to the store where I bought it for a replacement.

Yikes. If every 6 note you play sounds off , like LOUDER , or harsher or even distorted it could be a faulty voice card ..

To be honest , I would call the shop you got it at , see if they can replace it . They usually have good policies ..

Also if this isn’t an option, DSI is usually pretty good with these things, I’ve heard them sending out voice card replacements .

I’d actually give them a call first to determine the issue .

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 04:00:07 PM »
Before you do that, please contact our dedicated support channel. It could be something easily fixed in the field:

support (at) davesmithinstruments.com
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 03:00:52 PM »
Hi! Thanks. But I have another problem with the unit too: The pitch wheel bends the tone downwards then I rotate it upwards and vice versa (doesn't help if I do a pitch wheel calibration). So there's two faults with it unfortunately.

Before you do that, please contact our dedicated support channel. It could be something easily fixed in the field:

support (at) davesmithinstruments.com

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 03:29:16 PM »
Sometimes a chat on the forum can solve a problem, but sometimes it can't.  Then you need to resolve it by directly contacting the company.  This may be one of those times.  Don't waste your time here.  Email DSI.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 04:31:26 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 04:26:19 PM »
Sometimes a chat on the forum can solve a problem, and sometimes it can't.  Then you need to resolve it all by directly contacting the company.  This may be one of those times.  Don't waste your time here.  Email DSI.

I have now, and they were quick to reply :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 04:36:16 PM by virion »

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 11:56:40 AM »
Hi!

I got myself a new Prophet-6 around Christmas. Tonight, I suddenly experienced a new kind of problem (out of nowhere!) which, at the moment, makes the synth unusable for me.

Every 6th note I play, will play really loud. Like putting a strong accent on it or overdriving the velocity. It won't happen on all patches but maybe half of them. I haven't been able to find any logical pattern regarding which presets that cause the problem.

Anybody else with the same problem? When searching Google, I've seen that a couple of other users have had problems with every 6th note on their P6/OB6 acting strange, but slightly different problems than mine.

I have the latest firmware (1.4.0) and I've tried calibrating the oscillators.

Edit: Ok, patches with Unison deactivated seem to cause this problem.

I'm having this problem too, can you tell me how this ended up?

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2022, 04:25:34 PM »
Yesterday i got my new OB-6 and it has the same problem - every 6th voice is significantly louder. I have e-mailed technical support, already... but weekends. Can anyone explain me, what happens to my OB-6?

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2022, 10:54:37 AM »
I too am having the same problem. Pulling out and inserting the voice card does not solve the problem. Preset + 0 stops at a specific number.