Sustain pedal not working with split patches

Sustain pedal not working with split patches
« on: January 25, 2018, 08:13:55 PM »
Hi all,

Just wondering if other rev2 owners have had issues with the sustain pedal not functioning for both layers when split mode is used. It seems to only sustain the layer that is currently active for editing. I have logged this with tech support, but just wondered whether others had had the same problem (OS 1.1.0.1).

Cheers

jg666

Re: Sustain pedal not working with split patches
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 12:44:41 AM »
Hi all,

Just wondering if other rev2 owners have had issues with the sustain pedal not functioning for both layers when split mode is used. It seems to only sustain the layer that is currently active for editing. I have logged this with tech support, but just wondered whether others had had the same problem (OS 1.1.0.1).

Cheers

Whilst I don't have a sustain pedal myself, I remember people talking about this in this thread:-

https://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php?topic=1826.0

DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 02:25:23 AM »
Thanks for the link, I saw that thread too and checked that global parameter sustain arp is set to sustain.
I have got a reply from the DSI tech support, who say that this has been added to the bug list for future OS updates.

Cheers

Hi all,

Cheers

Whilst I don't have a sustain pedal myself, I remember people talking about this in this thread:-

https://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php?topic=1826.0

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 01:04:13 PM »
I think that it's actually useful that the sustain pedal is only working for the "active/selected" layer, since I don't necessarily want all notes from both parts to sustain...   
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 10:10:30 AM »
I think that it's actually useful that the sustain pedal is only working for the "active/selected" layer, since I don't necessarily want all notes from both parts to sustain...

Thats a fair point. Perhaps a misc parameter to define which layer(s) responds to the sustain pedal or not would be a useful option.

Jason

• Bandmix
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 04:24:21 PM »
Perhaps a misc parameter to define which layer(s) responds to the sustain pedal or not would be a useful option.

I agree.
Customer service told me that it was designed to work the way it is, and that if I want to use the sustain pedal to control both sides of a split, I should hold the B button until it flashes.