Sure, I wouldn’t mind checking it out at a store
12 (27.9%)
Nah, didn’t even like the first one
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 42

A message for Dave Smith : Tempest II

Re: A message for Dave Smith : Tempest II
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2019, 10:46:42 AM »
I think as updates come for both the Force and current MPC line we will start to see them implement VA drum synthesis (amongst other forms of synthesis). on top of that I think we will start to see things like probability and more interesting modulation techniques arrise in that platform... So I will keep my eye tight on that. The MPC Live/X seem to need careful consideration to their internal headroom imho. but are certainly great stand alone machines.

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2020, 01:22:22 PM »
With just a few unique features, the Tempest became the only such instrument which really FEELS to me like an instrument:
- Beat-wide parameter tweaking
- Ease of assignment of anything to velocity envelopes amount

I follow the market in search of a Tempest 2 which will solve its CONS:
- lack of onboard FX
- samples management software
- better integration with the DAW/less

I

BRE

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2020, 07:37:13 AM »
Of course I would buy one. It could be the next Virus.
More memory
Sampling ability (layer/zones/wave table synthesis)
Better display
Mono outs
(32 voices) 16 analogue voice / 16 digital Voice
4 LFO’s
Modulation operators
Brew a decent cup of tea
32 patch chords
Sound patches save with performance fx
Smooth led encoders
No shift functions
32 notes per lanes
Parameter lock
Clean out outs
Cleans my home
USB key for data storage
RGB pads
Multi digital fx per sound
Waveform display
Spectrograph display
Illuminated Tempest Logo
CV outs
Full midi spec
Randomizer with variousness modes
Pop up tips of Yorgos praising you for good sound design....autoshock for those who make stooopid sounds
Ableton link
Over drive on all outs
Adat out
Word clock in/out
Balanced outs
4 analogue OSC per analogue voices
4 digital sample, wavetable, digital wave per digital voice
Layering/linking of sounds (poly record)
LucidSFX signature sound set (badAzCowBellzzz)
Route any modulator patch cable to multiple envelopes or patch cables
Software Librarian and patch creator (think Virus TI)
Does not like Cats or Pictures of Cats on synths. Especially on itself.
Side chain everything.
Has 33 Chanel mixer with eq capabilities and digital fx inserts.
Sound design mode where iterations of a patch can be freely saved as “states” to be A/B across the 16 pads (Think photoshop)
Endless LED encoders so values don’t jump  when switching between pads
Built in brick wall limiter per channel and master
Surround sound mode for game and movie sound design
Lithium rechargeable batteries that last 16 hours on full performance.

I am sure there is more that can be put on the list.

I love the original Tempest but if the ultimate workstation encompassing the above came out I would buy it in a heart beat (pipe dream as it is)....considering the hell we put Dave and Roger through.....LOL Good luck on the T2.

The worst thing about your post is other than the brew a cup of whatever and clean your home jokes etc., you're actually serious. It's a good thing you don't work for product development for Sequential because they'd be bankrupt within a year after making your dream (delusion) machine, since only professionals, and rich kids would be abe to afford it.
addicted

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2020, 03:44:03 PM »
The worst thing about your post is other than the brew a cup of whatever and clean your home jokes etc., you're actually serious. It's a good thing you don't work for product development for Sequential because they'd be bankrupt within a year after making your dream (delusion) machine, since only professionals, and rich kids would be able to afford it.

And the worst thing about your post — other than the fact that you're picking on a post from two-and-a-half years ago, that was clearly meant as a joke, by one of the more talented, funny, and genial people ever to grace this forum — is that nearly everything on Lucid's list (aside from the hilarious novelty items of course) is in fact present on the MPC Live, and it is yet more affordable than the Tempest.  Ahem! 

Cheers!

Bad Brian

• Baller
    • NuBeat Productions
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2020, 07:09:42 AM »
The worst thing about your post is other than the brew a cup of whatever and clean your home jokes etc., you're actually serious. It's a good thing you don't work for product development for Sequential because they'd be bankrupt within a year after making your dream (delusion) machine, since only professionals, and rich kids would be able to afford it.

And the worst thing about your post — other than the fact that you're picking on a post from two-and-a-half years ago, that was clearly meant as a joke, by one of the more talented, funny, and genial people ever to grace this forum — is that nearly everything on Lucid's list (aside from the hilarious novelty items of course) is in fact present on the MPC Live, and it is yet more affordable than the Tempest.  Ahem! 

Cheers!

Hahaha 😂.... nailed it
Sequential Pro 3 SE, Roland Juno-106, Behringer Model D, Moog Apps, Roland Space Echo RE-20, Alesis HR:16B, Roland SPD-SX

But I'm a drummer

« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2020, 12:37:11 AM »
I just think (personally) for sure there will be a Tempest II or Drum machine like Product from DSI, we have all bitten the Apple  ;D 8)
Though we can't guess when ..   

Tempest was and still is a complete Beast for the people that studied it. Its still ahead of its time. 

as a personal taste, mostly just more memory to create thousands of sounds and Projects (or External SD card possibility). A couple of tweaks from the previous and that's it !!!
Even though some features people already mentioned will be good too.
  FX for all channels , Polyphony and Polyrhythm to name a few

:)       i even got a 2nd Tempest and no regrets .. its amazing how both interact with each other.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 12:38:43 AM by Ackord »