What the Bleep's Next (2018 Edition)

chysn

What the Bleep's Next (2018 Edition)
« on: January 11, 2018, 05:53:14 AM »
It's that magical time of year again! The time where Jason pops in to say "What the #%*$'s next for Dave Smith Modular?"

I know what it should be. It should be a digital oscillator with VS waveforms. Why? Because I'm on the lookout for a digital oscillator, but I'm not in any hurry to get one, and I'd make the space for it.

I think this dream dovetails nicely with the clamoring in another thread for a DSI sampler.

Eurorack folks are surprisingly accepting of digital oscillators, and I think this is still an area where a company like DSI can still make a major impact. And then we'd be getting really close to a complete DSI modular system.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

megamarkd

• One day I will fund a vuvuzela marching band.
Re: What the Bleep's Next (2018 Edition)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 08:51:48 PM »
What is a uniquely DSI element of their synths besides what is in the three modules currently in production?  Maybe the Evolver wavetable oscillators?

megamarkd

• One day I will fund a vuvuzela marching band.
Re: What the Bleep's Next (2018 Edition)
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 12:33:28 AM »
Eurorack folks are surprisingly accepting of digital oscillators, and I think this is still an area where a company like DSI can still make a major impact. And then we'd be getting really close to a complete DSI modular system.

I'm noticing as I am browsing for an oscillator module more and more the blerb bragging that the osc is completely digital.