I’ve pulled the trigger on the TVS Pro.

LoboLives

I’ve pulled the trigger on the TVS Pro.
« on: December 30, 2017, 06:10:07 PM »
After going back and forth I put in the order and down payment for an Oberheim Two Voice Pro. The machine isn’t without its faults and will likely have to go into the repair shop once it arrives but the opportunity to own what I feel will be Tom Oberheim’s last Synth is likely going to be gone very soon so I decided that it’s now or never. It’ll likely be a 7-8 month waiting time I’m told.

Shaw

Re: I’ve pulled the trigger on the TVS Pro.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 07:02:11 PM »
After going back and forth I put in the order and down payment for an Oberheim Two Voice Pro. The machine isn’t without its faults and will likely have to go into the repair shop once it arrives but the opportunity to own what I feel will be Tom Oberheim’s last Synth is likely going to be gone very soon so I decided that it’s now or never. It’ll likely be a 7-8 month waiting time I’m told.
Congrats! 

"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

LoboLives

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 11:15:00 AM »
Congrats!

Thanks! I figured if I didn't get the thing it would haunt me forever lol

Shaw

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 11:24:05 AM »
Congrats!

Just curious... why the 7-8 month wait?  There some on Reverb right now (several new ones in stock and a mint used one for $2800). 

Anyway, I'm trying separately to talk myself out of a new mono... but I do have my eye on a Voyager XL, a TVP, and the Waldorf Eurorack keyboard loaded up with their modules)... If I get anything, I am leaning toward the Voyager XL.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

chysn

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 02:39:41 PM »

Good call! The time will fly. It'll be next Christmas before you know it.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

LoboLives

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 06:50:48 PM »
Congrats!

Just curious... why the 7-8 month wait?  There some on Reverb right now (several new ones in stock and a mint used one for $2800). 

Anyway, I'm trying separately to talk myself out of a new mono... but I do have my eye on a Voyager XL, a TVP, and the Waldorf Eurorack keyboard loaded up with their modules)... If I get anything, I am leaning toward the Voyager XL.

Not sure but the only distributor in Canada said it takes forever ordering from Tom. Said with luck it may come sooner.

Shaw

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 06:53:15 PM »
Congrats!

Not sure but the only distributor in Canada said it takes forever ordering from Tom. Said with luck it may come sooner.
Look into Reverb... there are half a dozen or so new ones.  Ready to go.

LoboLives

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 07:15:42 PM »
Congrats!

Look into Reverb... there are half a dozen or so new ones.  Ready to go.

Just did, they don’t ship to Canada from what I’m seeing. Also it’s much better to order from a store like I did because should the machine arrived damaged or in need of repair I’m covered.

LoboLives

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 05:03:00 AM »
Also the TVS Pro isn't a Mono synth. It can be but it's a lot more versatile than a Voyager.

Shaw

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 03:56:30 PM »
Also the TVS Pro isn't a Mono synth. It can be but it's a lot more versatile than a Voyager.
Yeah, I know, but I would play it like a monosynth, so in my mind at least, that’s where the comparison lies.  By the same token, I rarely play the Pro2 paraphonically. 

Something about those Moog filters is drawing me in... if I didn’t have the OB-6, the choice would be a lot harder.