Can click be routed to separate output?

blewis

Can click be routed to separate output?
« on: January 16, 2016, 07:45:16 AM »
Brainstorming ways to sync up my "analog drummer" - a meat bag.

One experiment is to have the Tempest playing the click to a separate output that he gets in his monitor/headphones ones. That means it's playing all the time.

Is there a way to use the Click button and route the click to a separate output (say output 6?)? Can't find it in the manual or any of the menus.

I suspect I have to make my own Click by taking up a Sound in the Beat (it does already anyway). Once I map it to a Sound, then I can Voice assign that Click Sound and route to a separate output to keep it coming out of the mains.

Let's say I assign the Click Sound to Voice 6. I gotta explicitly assign every other Sound in the beat now to a Voice now. Okay, some busy work, but seems workable.

Does seems there's a gotcha here if I choose to use the Tempest as a Poly synth. I can't prevent the Poly pad from playing Voice 6 and if any of the voices go to track 6, they'll only go to the drummer's headphone and not out the main outputs.  How do you prevent that?

A bit stuck.  Seems like sending the Click out separately would have been useful.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 07:47:53 AM by blewis »

Re: Can click be routed to separate output?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 08:46:13 AM »
Yep route a sound to a voice and use the separate output.

You do not have to change any other sounds voices, just leave them as they are.