TEMPO

TEMPO
« on: December 27, 2017, 10:12:41 AM »
Hey,, can someone explain to me why does the the click not follow the tempo, and why is the tempo out of sync at times? and how do i sort this problem out thanks! Also is there anyway where i can set 8 bars to every beat as a template instead of 2. Also what has the most voice ins audio interface so that i can plug different voices to it and edit in on ableton? for the tempest. Thanks.

Re: TEMPO
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 05:25:12 PM »
I just checked here on mine, and the click is following tempo as expected, and the Tempest is syncing just fine with itself and external hardware.  It's been a long time since I did any troubleshooting on the Tempest, but the last I recall someone having an issue with the click falling out of sync with the bar counter, it was due to the default "initialized" beat being cleared when the flash drive was formatted.

Did you format the flash drive?  If so, you will need to save a new initialized beat file via the debug menu. To do so, set up a beat with the default sounds and time signature you prefer. Hold both SHIFT buttons and press the SYSTEM button. Navigate to the SAVE NEW INIT BEAT menu item and select it. press the left most soft button below the Tempest's screen to save the current beat as the new initialized beat.

If that doesn't work, make sure that both your Main and Voice operating systems are current.

As for changing the length and time signature of your beats, it took me about 30 seconds to find that in the manual just now (wink).

Cheers!

RobH

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 02:07:31 AM »
The “manual”. Which button is that?

BRE

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 10:23:15 AM »
Hey,, can someone explain to me why does the the click not follow the tempo, and why is the tempo out of sync at times? and how do i sort this problem out thanks! Also is there anyway where i can set 8 bars to every beat as a template instead of 2. Also what has the most voice ins audio interface so that i can plug different voices to it and edit in on ableton? for the tempest. Thanks.

Since that 'Savage' dude (::)) is too lazy or feels too mighty to give you the page number...
It's here: https://www.davesmithinstruments.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Tempest-1.41.5-Addendum.pdf?x72411
Page 10.
addicted

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 12:46:23 AM »

Since that 'Savage' dude (::)) is too lazy or feels too mighty to give you the page number...
It's here: https://www.davesmithinstruments.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Tempest-1.41.5-Addendum.pdf?x72411
Page 10.

Is that the best you got, Tempest1?

That's right, I'm happy to take the time to answer those questions for which the answer is not obvious or otherwise easily found.  As you know, I'm also in the habit of putting contentious, misinformed complainers like yourself in their place when need be.  Besides which, we have you here to answer the truly tough questions (wink).

Cheers!

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 04:10:53 AM »
Calm down people the war is over we all can rest now after that big fight ended...
@Tempest1 there’s no need to characterize and be offensive..
@John excellent explanation to the problem and could be perfect if you just gave him also the page number which you found in 30 secs as you said but all around @MILANM20 as John described it ^ ;)

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 04:10:16 PM »
My apologies, Yorgos.  I really shouldn't have used the word misinformed, that was inappropriate; I mean, technically it's a verb...

Ill-informed was the adjective I was looking for (smirk).

At any rate, in all sincerity, I meant no disrespect to the OP.  I wouldn't have bothered to answer his question otherwise.  It was just a little good-natured ribbing about not reading the manual.  I think the entire Internet can agree on that.  That said, I can see how my tone may have gotten lost in translation, so... I'm sorry if offended anyone undeserving.

Cheers!

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 10:00:54 AM »
Don’t mention it John ;)
May all of you have a healthy,happy and inspiring year!

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 04:58:59 PM »
THANKS GUYS! also do you know how to record chords in the tempest. it wont let me record chords.

RobH

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 03:33:57 AM »
THANKS GUYS! also do you know how to record chords in the tempest. it wont let me record chords.

It’s not possible within the Tempest sequencer to record chords.

You can get around this by spreading a polyphonic sound out to multiple pads and changing each mod to a single note you want in the chord.

A second option is to make each voice a chord by using each of the four oscillators (2 analog + 2 samples ) to different pitch to make chords.

The best option is to use an external sequencer or play your chords manually as needed.

There is no perfect option here I’m sorry to say. Something like an arturia keystep will give you instant polyphonic sequencing for little outlay.