sending clock issue from rev2

sending clock issue from rev2
« on: December 24, 2017, 10:54:38 AM »
This topic has been brought up in a previous thread but that post seems to be locked and (for me) it did not seem to be resolved.

First of all,  I'm quite the noob and I'm assuming my issue is user error.

I'm attempting to send clock to a eurorack midi to cv module and it's not being received. Gate and cv information is being received and working as to be expected. At first I placed the blame on the module but when I send clock using a different source, a key step in this case, the module receives clock data.

global settings are currently set to:

midi ch - all
midi clock mode - master
midi clock cable - midi
midi param send - NRPN (also tried CC)
midi out select - midi

i feel like i've tried all possible configurations though at this point

Any and all help greatly appreciated, thanks for your time

Re: sending clock issue from rev2
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 02:18:56 PM »
How is the Rev2 connected to the Eurorack? Is there a possibility to filter out clock messages somewhere? I have the Rev2 running as master which drives several other synths without problems. The parameters midi clock mode, midi clock cable and midi out select should be the only ones which are responsible and I have set the same values. The midi ch setting should not have any influence because the clock is not bound to a channel. Anyway, did you already try to set a dedicated channel instead of "all"?
DSI Prophet Rev2

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 02:57:03 PM »
thank you for the response!!!

I assumed clock was a universal signal, as in it transmits through all channels, but in an effort to do something i did try all individual channels without any luck.

as far as something happening to the signal once it reaches the module, I can't seem to imagine what could be in the signal path to do such a thing. the midi cable is direct from the rev2 to the eurorack module and should be indicating a pulse through an led directly on that module, there is nothing els in the chain.

I did try routing the clock out from the module to various sources in case the led was the culprit but no luck. Also the led works when the module is internally clocked
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 02:59:12 PM by tyrie »

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 11:58:28 PM »
Do you have a possibility to connect the Rev2 to a PC? So you could see what it is sending. I have attached a screenshot from MIDI-OX on a Windows PC and one from MIDI Wrench on an iPad (MIDI-Wrench received the messages from the PC, routed through MIDI-OX, just to let you imagine how it should look like. It works of course also when being connected directly to the Rev2). BTW, the Rev2 does not send start/stop messages, but clock only. I don't think that this is relevant but maybe good to know.
DSI Prophet Rev2

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 05:04:14 PM »
Do you have a possibility to connect the Rev2 to a PC? So you could see what it is sending. I have attached a screenshot from MIDI-OX on a Windows PC and one from MIDI Wrench on an iPad (MIDI-Wrench received the messages from the PC, routed through MIDI-OX, just to let you imagine how it should look like. It works of course also when being connected directly to the Rev2). BTW, the Rev2 does not send start/stop messages, but clock only. I don't think that this is relevant but maybe good to know.

Thank you for putting the time in to do this. I don't have the correct USB cable atm, I will try this asap and hopefully it will at least let me know if the rev is sending the correct data. I don't have an ipad and use a mac. I have logic(if that helps?) I'll do some research to find the correct application to run an equivalent diagnostic and report back!!  thanks again!!!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 05:08:03 PM by tyrie »