Codeknobs vs Soundtower

Rico

Codeknobs vs Soundtower
« on: December 23, 2017, 09:19:55 AM »
I'm going to buy an editor/plugin for my Rev 2, to use as plugin with Logic. Does anyone have an opinion wether I should get the one buy Codeknobs or wait for the Soundtower mac version to be released?

Re: Codeknobs vs Soundtower
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 09:33:43 AM »
I own both ... but I prefer the Soundtower editor, works like a charm...
PT10/12HD, Logic X, Digital Performer, Vienna Ensemble Pro
cMP 5,1 Catalina; MacBook Pro

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 02:54:02 PM »
I've used both and I feel that Codeknobs is better than SoundTower.  Only thing I used SoundTower for was a patch manager when I had it, but wanted more and I reached out to Codeknobs because he had some other editors back when I had a P08 and he quickly created an editor for it and I've been a fan ever since. If you try out the Codeknobs editor and get to know it you'll see why it makes sense. Especially using it in Logic if you want to use multiple parts and recall those parts later if need any editing.  I feel that SoundTower has too many clicking to switch to the different parts instead of all on the screen for each layer.

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 08:07:52 PM »
For the Rev2 I’ve only got CodeKnobs, but for the P12 I’ve Soundtower and find Codeknobs far better.

SoundTower for rev 2 doesn’t have VST option (or didn’t last I checked).
My P12 SoundTower VST (AU) isn’t nearly as seemless as the CodeKnobs one, plus being able to have multiple open and choose which is active is brilliant, plus no need to save the patch or me the editor with codeKnobs.

For me codeKnobs is hands down far ahead. In fact I’ll be buying their P12 editor next time I fire up the Mac.

jg666

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 12:51:15 AM »
I'm looking for a standalone solution to edit patches but also to act as a patch library and backup etc. Does anyone else use them in this mode and have opinions of both please?
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 01:58:14 AM »
The standalone from SoundTower for the P12 works great for what you seem to desire.

For DAW integration though I personally recommend CodeKnobs.

jg666

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2017, 03:30:45 AM »
The standalone from SoundTower for the P12 works great for what you seem to desire.

For DAW integration though I personally recommend CodeKnobs.

Excellent thanks very much for your reply.
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 09:41:22 PM »
Anybody happen to know if the codeknobs editors are compatible with Logic 10.5?. Soundtower seems to be crashing. This is an issue with a  lot of plugins at the moment, but it's unclear to me if soundtower will ever fix it.

kris

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2020, 01:17:38 PM »
I'm looking for a standalone solution to edit patches but also to act as a patch library and backup etc. Does anyone else use them in this mode and have opinions of both please?
For backup and patch management I made the Knobkraft Orm, freely available for Windows and Linux, Mac coming soon. I am willing to listen to you guys to make it better.

Editor support is something I am looking at for other synths like the Kawai K3 or my Matrix 1000, I feel the Sequential synths are nearly knob-per-function (well, the OB6 is and the Rev2 nearly), so I don't lust after the editor as much.

But let me know what you want to see, I am open for wishes and inspiration, even if I made the tool for myself in the first place ;-)
Check out the free Sysex Librarian for Sequential and more https://github.com/christofmuc/KnobKraft-orm

maxter

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2020, 04:29:08 PM »
Hey kris, I don't know if you use iPads or such, but if you do there's a nice editor for the Matrix 1000, with the app TBMS. It basically makes the Matrix 1000 into a Matrix 6.
http://www.tbstuff.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=278
The Way the Truth and the Life

kris

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2020, 06:26:04 AM »
Hey kris, I don't know if you use iPads or such, but if you do there's a nice editor for the Matrix 1000, with the app TBMS. It basically makes the Matrix 1000 into a Matrix 6.
http://www.tbstuff.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=278
Looks nice! Sadly I don't have an iPad, currently I use the CTRLR panel for the Matrix 1000. But I like the way you illustrate the fixed modulations, very cool!
Check out the free Sysex Librarian for Sequential and more https://github.com/christofmuc/KnobKraft-orm

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2021, 04:41:37 PM »
Hello
i bought few weeks ago the prophet 6 desktop .
Iam impressed with the  synth!

i bought codeknobs vst editor to manage my sounds and libraries but i cannot find any manual for it.I contacted with the company but..no luck.Nobody responded.
Does anyone know where i can find the manual?>?
do you know if i can replasce a factory bank with a custm bank with this software?