Rev2 Editor - Total Recall - CodeKnobs

Rev2 Editor - Total Recall - CodeKnobs
« on: December 18, 2017, 11:22:43 PM »
hi guys,

so, not sure if this topic was posted yet but if so, sorry.
was thining of buying a rev2 next year, but i have a question. im really into vst's nowadays and only have 1 hardware machine, the nord lead 1 keys, which i mainly use for keys. :)

but, wanted to have some hardware again, and the rev2 is on my shortlist.
what i love about vst, is the total recall you have. u load a project and there u go: all the sounds and synths in the right place.

been googling for this, with regards to rev2 and i found this editor: http://codeknobs.com/products.php?id=7
the guy replied to my mail and says his editor works like a vst and indeed has total recall. so i can use the rev2 like a vst.

anyone who can confirm this, or has worked with this editor and could share his thoughts?
also on my shortlist are the sub37 or maybe an analog keys.

love,
C-Jay

Re: Rev2 Editor - Total Recall - CodeKnobs
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 03:19:27 AM »
They have a trial version. I’ve downloaded it but haven’t tried it yet.

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 04:49:03 AM »
Update for you, I tried the demo and seemed good so I bought it and can it’s really great. Much better thus far that the SoundTower plug for my Prophet 12, so much so that I think I’ll probably buy the CodeKnobs P12 plug to replace the SoundTower one.

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 05:04:26 PM »
Update for you, I tried the demo and seemed good so I bought it and can it’s really great. Much better thus far that the SoundTower plug for my Prophet 12, so much so that I think I’ll probably buy the CodeKnobs P12 plug to replace the SoundTower one.

Great news! I am planning on getting this after the holiday for the Rev2. The OB-6 ST Editor is useful as librarian in stand alone mode only for me even though I shelled out for the plugin version as well. Costly mistake. I love the idea of it (CodeKnobs) saving and recalling the sound I was using in Nuendo even if I didn't save the preset on the hardware. This is the way the Sub37/Minitaur work with their vst editors and it makes things extremely work flow friendly.
Original Model D <> Sub 37 <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 <> Prophet Rev2 8Voice <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Prologue16 <> Triton Le <> Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55 <> Sound Gizmo

"They're not aliens...they're Americans!"
(The Mouse That Roared, 1959)