P08 goes out of tune

P08 goes out of tune
« on: December 14, 2017, 11:35:32 PM »
My P08 goes out of tune when I touch the pitch wheel (up). Eg if I hold C4 and then touch the pitch wheel the note is stuck one semi (+1) above C4. I've disconnected all MIDI cables but the problem remains. And even if I power the synth off/on it's out of tune. Sometimes it goes away - when I change to another program or when I slightly touch the pitch wheel again. But it seems so random. I just don't get it...what's causing this?

Re: P08 goes out of tune
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 01:41:17 AM »
Moinmoin,

did You already try to recalibrate the wheels (Manual, page 55)?
If so and it didn't cure things, get in contact with Dave Smith support (website).
Those people are very helpful.

HTH

Martin

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 05:24:20 AM »
You might as well calibrate everything.  See the last page of the manual. 

Incidentally, the P'08's pitch bend wheel can some times fail to return perfectly to the instrument's proper pitch.  It may be off by the smallest fraction, but it is noticeable.  For example, at times I have to move mine a second time and let it spring back; then it's fine.  Perhaps the issue could be mechanical as well.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 05:41:43 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 07:00:48 AM »
Yes (forgot to mention), I've been running all the calibrate routines. Didn't help...

The weird thing is, if I'm in the MISC PARAMETERS set the pitch wheel range to zero (0) and then touch the pitch wheel the pitch/tune will be fine again. This is the only clear way to make the pitch go back to normal.

So, I'm guessing it's a mechanical issue...?

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 07:06:26 AM »
It could be.  But as Martin said above, contact DSI Support.  They'll guide you through it.

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 08:19:45 AM »
Gaah! I'm the ID10T! When calibrating I pressed the LFO 1,2,3 buttons...when I'm supposed to press the MOD 1,2,3.
The synth is fine now...I'm not  :-[

Thx anyway.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 08:30:15 AM »
Live and learn!