Any good wavetables out there?

Any good wavetables out there?
« on: December 14, 2017, 12:17:20 PM »
Hi there! New forum, so some of the old stickies got lost it seems. It seems a sticky with a bunch of custom wavetables got lost.

I am specifically looking for a good vox/formant wavetable and I remember there was a SID-chip derived one?

Thanks!

chysn

Re: Any good wavetables out there?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 04:17:18 AM »
When you say "wavetables," are you asking about custom waveforms for Evolver, or something else?
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 03:09:45 PM »
Ah sorry for the confusion. Honestly don't know what the correct term would be here. But yes, I meant the waveforms in Osc 3 and 4. I remember from the old forums that there was a post that had a bunch of custom one. I do remember at least there was an 8 bit one. But as I said, I am specifically looking for a vox/formant centered one. I have tried to google for it, but my results are poor.  :(

megamarkd

• One day I will fund a vuvuzela marching band.
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 07:52:21 PM »
Try Internet Archive, you may be in luck.  I'd look but I don't have the original URL.

chysn

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 03:49:42 AM »
Ah sorry for the confusion. Honestly don't know what the correct term would be here. But yes, I meant the waveforms in Osc 3 and 4.

OK, that's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure. I've got a Commodore 64 set up in my basement right now, so I'll get to work on some genuine SID waveforms and post them on WAV2Evolver (http://wav2evolver.beigemaze.com). I have the rest of year off work, so this won't be a problem. I'll be right back!

Unfortunately, I don't know where to find formants, but I know that forum member Razmo was working on stuff like that.

Meanwhile, any single-cycle WAV files you happen to find online, you can convert to Evolver format with the aforementioned WAV2Evolver.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 03:53:47 AM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 11:00:42 AM »
Dope! I would love hear what comes out of that. Bringing SID waves to the Evolver sounds awesome. Also thanks for those recources! I'll just have to cobble together my own vox waves then. I want to see if I can put together sequences in the table that together make up diphthongs.

chysn

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 09:34:59 AM »
All right, it looks like my Commodore 64 audio/video cable is dead. A new one is on the way, and as soon as I get audio from my C-64, I'll post some waveforms.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his

chysn

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 12:19:30 PM »
Update: It's not my A/V cable, it's my Commodore 64. The SID works, but it's not getting amplified before going to the output, so the sound is buried in an avalanche of noise. Since it's dozens of years old, it's not likely that I'll ever get it repaired. So at this time, I'm afraid I'm unable to record SID waveforms. Sorry.  :(
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his

buchlabum

• west coast synthesis please...
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 05:30:06 PM »
One of these days I'll make some Buchla wavetables...
When I do, you will all know. 

I know I used to have a bunch of Buchla Easel wavetables.  I'll see if I can find them, but I fear they were lost in my great hard drive failure of 2016...

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2018, 11:45:15 AM »
I am specifically looking for a good vox/formant wavetable and I remember there was a SID-chip derived one?

I know it's an old post...
But anyway... I was looking for some of the same sounds.

I have found and edited these Phonemes... They are not SID-chip derived but they sure sound oldskool/robotic. I have converted them to 128-samples. And didn't used any interpolation between the samples... So they sound dirty, nice and oldskool.

I got the samples from a table of hex-values in some C code for a text-2-speech converter: http://www.toughdev.com/content/2014/09/english-text-to-speech-on-a-pic-microcontroller/
Somewhere on that page.

I hope someone else has a use for them as well.