It's happened....Behringer....

Sacred Synthesis

Re: It's happened....Behringer....
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2021, 06:09:47 PM »
Thanks for the tip, LPF83.  I'm an all-hardware guy, so I'll have to search elsewhere. 

chysn

« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2021, 09:47:11 PM »
Behringer probably will never have any further business from me. My beef with them is entirely about their litigiousness, though. It's not so much about the cloning or their price points or their quality.

The only reason I make enough money to afford a Sequential instrument is because I'm not a musician in real life. So I'm never going to judge people for how they make purchasing decisions.

I've always been fascinated by the 2600. When I was young, learning about synthesizers, the only synthesizer book in my local library was one dedicated to the ARP 2600. So I learned a lot about synthesis from the 2600, despite never having laid hands on one.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2021, 04:23:08 PM »
If I was willing to buy a Behringer synthesizer, I certainly would have done so by now.  I would have bought their Odyssey.  I've freely chosen not to, even though I've awakened in a pool of perspiration many-a-night, screaming "ARP, ARP!"  Yes, I admit, I've had many an enjoyable fantasy about the Odyssey and the 2600.  And I just couldn't afford the Korg versions. 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 04:26:13 PM by Sacred Synthesis »