It's happened....Behringer....

megamarkd

• One day I will fund a vuvuzela marching band.
Re: It's happened....Behringer....
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2017, 04:08:15 PM »
The best bit about all this is Roland have spent 20yrs trying to remake their own gear and keep stuffing it up, yet Behringer are hitting 6's when remaking other company's synths (well one so far).

LoboLives

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2017, 05:22:41 PM »
The best bit about all this is Roland have spent 20yrs trying to remake their own gear and keep stuffing it up, yet Behringer are hitting 6's when remaking other company's synths (well one so far).

I think I would have ignored The Wasp and the Cat and others and focussed on the 2600 and SH but I also would have released a Jupiter 8 clone this year. Just to see Roland lose their damn minds.

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2017, 05:26:28 PM »

I think I would have ignored The Wasp and the Cat and others and focussed on the 2600 and SH but I also would have released a Jupiter 8 clone this year. Just to see Roland lose their damn minds.

I don't think Roland would care.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2017, 05:30:11 PM »
By the way, has anybody come across an estimated time of arrival for these instruments?  I mean, the total list comes to about ten instruments.  This could take years to accomplish.

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2017, 05:40:10 PM »
By the way, has anybody come across an estimated time of arrival for these instruments?  I mean, the total list comes to about ten instruments.  This could take years to accomplish.

In what is now being considered a purposeful or non-purposeful leak (it fulfilled it's purpose anyway), neither pricing nor release information was provided.

megamarkd

• One day I will fund a vuvuzela marching band.
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2017, 06:19:32 PM »

Exactly.  They've pulled the pages on their site, which makes me think they may have been trolling.  Or they were doing a pre-NAMM tease, though if so, like you pointed out, the timeline for releases would be over years.

Heheh, I don't like to be anti-Roland although I may come across as such.  I do wish they'd stick at one thing and make it great before moving on.  They were headed towards complete drum machine domination with the Human Rhythm Composer range making each new machine more and more of a percussion workstation than an auto-drummer.  Having owned an R8, an R-70 and a DR660 (pretty sure the Doctor Rhythm's were the basis for the HRC's), I was under the impression that all drum machines had song modes, boy was I wrong!
I do wonder though if the small number of 2nd hand MC303/505's etc on the market is because they are being kept for a reason by their owners, or like all of my digital drum machines, they have died.

Addendum:
Weird how the bathroom make one think of things they have over looked.
I just remembered a conversation a friend and I had about 'comfort' synths: synths people won't sell because they mean something to the owner, but don't use much if at all.  For me it's my M1.  I've pretty much replaced it, but I won't sell it as it was my first brand new synth and it means a lot to me.  For him, his MC303 is never leaving his possession despite him not using it for more than a sound module for over a decade due to the joy he gained from it when it was a current device.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 06:32:25 PM by megamarkd »

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2017, 07:24:05 PM »
Addendum:
Weird how the bathroom make one think of things they have over looked.
I just remembered a conversation a friend and I had about 'comfort' synths: synths people won't sell because they mean something to the owner, but don't use much if at all.  For me it's my M1.  I've pretty much replaced it, but I won't sell it as it was my first brand new synth and it means a lot to me.  For him, his MC303 is never leaving his possession despite him not using it for more than a sound module for over a decade due to the joy he gained from it when it was a current device.

I can appreciate this sort of sappy sentimentalism with musical instruments.  I still remember my first synthesizer.  It was a Univox Minikorg; my father bought it for me from some guy in East Hartford, Connecticut for a whopping $200 when I was just a sapling.  It sounded like a symphony to me at the time, even though it was only a glorified toy.  I've often thought of buying another one from Ebay - for purely sentimental reasons - but I've always resisted.  Still, I know how old synthesizers can carry strong meanings and memories, and for that they are pacifiers of sorts.

LoboLives

« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2017, 07:45:00 PM »
Bruce Hornsby I believe still has his Korg M1 on top of his grand piano. Ironically some of the sounds in there’s sound better than some of the modern workstations out there now.

As far as Roland. I’m more frustrated with them than anything else. They often hype up their products and reissues but then when finally released they are majorly lacking. Could Roland do a proper analog drum machine? Sure but they choose to do a digital emulation and take away things like individual outs. Along comes stuff like Korg’s volca series and even Arturia’s Drum Brute And they eat Roland’s lunch.

Roland’s whole motto is “we design the future” but some of their recent products are lacking the abilities and quality of their past products. The RD 2000 was hyped up that it had a V Piano inside of it but it’s lacking a lot of the features the V Piano had. The System 8 has no aftertouch. Like what is going on here? The build quality of their stuff has declined, the features and capabilities of their gear seems to be regressing instead of progressing. Paul is right, Roland doesn’t care.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2017, 06:20:22 AM »
Egads!  Paul is going to get great satisfaction out of this glitch.  Isn't this typical of Behringer?  Quite irritating.

LoboLives

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2017, 07:21:39 AM »
Egads!  Paul is going to get great satisfaction out of this glitch.  Isn't this typical of Behringer?  Quite irritating.

Honestly, look how much buzz it got. Uli is great at hype.

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2017, 09:21:09 AM »

No satisfaction, just confirmation. I also believe no word about this so-called glitch. Because sure, you just upload a couple of specs of synths you may plan to develop to your website to double-check how nice your website is going to look with all these offerings. It was all just about cheap attention seeking again after they already failed to deliver their pseudo-exact Model D clone in time: Goals not reached, let's create a little distraction and disrupt the market with nothing. They already did the same sort of thing precisely three years ago with their Odyssey mockup after Korg announced that they plan to bring back ARP. On top of that I hope they'll be sent season's greetings from Korg's and Roland's lawyers. Behringer being forced to come up with their own ideas, that would be satisfying.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 09:24:05 AM by Paul Dither »

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2017, 09:35:45 AM »
 You're right on this one, buddy.

dslsynth

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2017, 10:43:06 AM »
:-X . o O ( clone wars )
#!/bin/sh
cp -f $0 $HOME/.signature

Shaw

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2017, 10:48:50 AM »
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2017, 11:50:09 AM »
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 11:55:17 AM by Paul Dither »

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2017, 11:55:08 AM »
It was exciting for a few hours to think of these instruments being revived.  I'm quite disappointed.  The 2600 and CAT had especially made my day.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 11:58:25 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

Shaw

« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2017, 11:57:43 AM »

Are you going direct to the board or placing mics on keyboard amps?
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2017, 11:59:34 AM »

Are you going direct to the board or placing mics on keyboard amps?

I was told they only used recording devices by Behringer in this shot.

dslsynth

« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2017, 12:01:29 PM »
It was exciting for a few hours to think of these instruments being revived.  I'm quite disappointed.  The 2600 and CAT had especially made my day.

I though virtual instruments were a hot topic! . o O ( :o :-X :o )
#!/bin/sh
cp -f $0 $HOME/.signature