Multi mode on with all voices on one layer possible?

Multi mode on with all voices on one layer possible?
« on: November 01, 2017, 08:37:09 PM »
Hey guys, is there any ways to leave multi mode on in the global settings and get 8 voices (on the 8 voices model) on one layer without splitting? It would make sense to get all of the voices when Split A|B and Stack A+B is off but no it seems to be only using 4 voices.

Please let me know.

Re: Multi mode on with all voices on one layer possible?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 05:32:59 AM »
Pretty sure it's just bi-Timbral so you get voice 1-4 on one channel and 5-8 on the next consecutive Midi channel. I don't think there's a way to control each voice separately, though if anyone smarter than I knows that'd be awesome :)

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 01:11:59 PM »
Found this post searching if anyone else encountered this problem before - it seems like a bug to me (bumping if anyone else would like to comment). I suspect the reason why this happens is the same as why splits have 4 voice polyphony instead of a dynamic/configured allocated amount of voices.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 01:23:52 PM »
But why would you need to have Multi Mode on if you only want to use one layer? ... just set multi mode to off, and use it that way :)

And about the splitting of voices... it's a hardware hardwired setup... when using more than one layer, the voices is ALWAYS split equally between the layers... it's that simple, and not something that can be changed in software (I believe). That is also why you cannot have a split/stack where layer A has 15 voices and layer B has 1 voice... that is how all DSI polysynths with two layers work.

You should basically see the REV2 as two separate synths physically, each having 4 or 8 voices... completely independant, but with the option to use them together as one big synth when not stacked or split (or set to multi mode).
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 01:28:39 PM by Razmo »
If you need me, follow the shadows...