Help with split mode (SOLVED)

Help with split mode (SOLVED)
« on: December 10, 2017, 01:35:37 PM »
Maybe I'm dumb, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to change the B sound on a split mode patch !

Here's what I want to do:
I have selected patch U4 P32, set the split point on the keyboard (easy enough), and would now like to have U4 P46 patch as the B section. How do I select it ?

I would have expected to simply hold the Edit Layer B button and scroll through the banks and/or patches with the Bank and/or Program buttons, but it seems it doesn't work that way.

I've read page 9 of the manual, but it doesn't explain anything other than swapping layers A and B, or copying layer A to B or vice versa.

HELP !
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 02:27:50 PM by AlainHubert »
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: Help with split mode
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 01:41:07 PM »
You need to activate the "edit layer B" button, and then you press the "misc params" button... now select the last parameter with the parameter encoder... there you can select the layer with the "value" encoder... it will scroll you thru both A and B layers of each preset... with the bank encoder you change the bank... you can also use the "program" encoder the same way as the "value" encoder... it's that simple :) ... and do not forget to press the "misc parameters" button when you're done... otherwise you'll keep changing the layer you are editing.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 01:44:38 PM by Razmo »
If you need me, follow the shadows...

Re: Help with split mode
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 02:23:37 PM »
Many thanks Razmo !  :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 02:58:18 PM by AlainHubert »
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

jg666

Re: Help with split mode (SOLVED)
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 02:38:28 PM »
I’m so glad I read this post because I learned something new even if slightly unrelated to this post :) I honestly didn’t realise that every factory preset has a layer B! It was only through reading the manual to try and answer this post that I came across this information on page 6.

So now I can go through all the presets again and see what the ones that appear to not have a B layer sound like when the stack is enabled :)
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 06:43:10 AM »
Reading the manual is certainly beneficial .. :)

jg666

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 08:04:50 AM »
Reading the manual is certainly beneficial .. :)

Guilty as charged :) I blame it on the fact that I’m an ageing software developer and people like me very rarely read manuals properly!
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 07:14:07 AM »
So does this mean you can take a layer from one patch and make it the A or B layer of another? I thought I had read you couldn't do this?

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 09:03:12 AM »
So does this mean you can take a layer from one patch and make it the A or B layer of another? I thought I had read you couldn't do this?

Yes you can... just choose the first preset, then make sure the layer you want to swap for another layer is the one you're editing, and then press the Misc Params button... scroll to the last possible parameter, and select the bank and preset you want to take a layer from... you scroll thru layers there, so each step forward advances you a layer... it's pretty simple.
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2017, 09:18:12 AM »
Many thanks, will try it tonight!

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2017, 02:35:34 PM »
I've yet to try this as well. Always nice to have another function to mess with.
Original Model D <> Sub 37 <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 <> Prophet Rev2 8Voice <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Prologue16 <> Triton Le <> Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55 <> Sound Gizmo

"They're not aliens...they're Americans!"
(The Mouse That Roared, 1959)