Rev2 Expansion Board and Warranty

Rev2 Expansion Board and Warranty
« on: December 09, 2017, 04:11:59 AM »
I'm not sure if this has been brought up anywhere else (I certainly can't find any info on the website about it). I'd like to purchase an expansion card for my Rev2 and was wondering whether installing it would affect the warranty in any way. 

Re: Rev2 Expansion Board and Warranty
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 07:39:48 AM »
I'm not sure if this has been brought up anywhere else (I certainly can't find any info on the website about it). I'd like to purchase an expansion card for my Rev2 and was wondering whether installing it would affect the warranty in any way.

I'm pretty sure it would not. Subject to confirmation from a DSI rep.
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 08:38:23 AM »

Detailed, step by step installation instructions with pictures are provided with the kit. If you can use a screwdriver, you can install the voice expansion. It's an easy procedure and does not require any electronics experience.

Make of that what you will -> user-installable upgrade = likely covered under warranty.
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 12:24:15 PM »
The Voice Expansion carries the same warranty as any of our synths, rest assured you're covered.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 12:52:33 PM »
Just installed mine today... a piece of cake, even if you have no experience with electronics at all... I'd say that the only thing you need to do is READ THE INSTALLATION PAPER CAREFULLY, and you're good... the most delicate part of installing it is pushing the board into the four sockets on the main board... you have to make sure to push on the board where the sockets are located beneath to avoid strain on the circuit board...

All in all it took me about 15minutes to install, maybe even less. :) ... and wow how nice it is to have 16 voices... no more serious note stealing going on... a pleasure when you're doing ambient pads.
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 07:29:52 AM »
I've been seriously thinking of doing this. I never, ever thought I would need the 16 voices, but once you figure out how the A+B layers are kind of the bread and butter of this synth, it starts to make sense why it would really be nice. Wish I had just gotten the 16 to start.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 09:00:16 AM »
I've been seriously thinking of doing this. I never, ever thought I would need the 16 voices, but once you figure out how the A+B layers are kind of the bread and butter of this synth, it starts to make sense why it would really be nice. Wish I had just gotten the 16 to start.

Luckily, the price difference was not that much with the upgrade... and it makes a world of a difference when it's in there.
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 08:05:04 AM »
Thanks for the replies everyone! Looks like that's my Christmas gift to myself sorted! I must admit, though, that I'm still a little worried about installing the board myself - I really am a klutz when it comes to things like that! I guess that's why I asked about the warranty in the first place. Really want those 16 voices though... 

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 11:31:04 AM »
Thanks for the replies everyone! Looks like that's my Christmas gift to myself sorted! I must admit, though, that I'm still a little worried about installing the board myself - I really am a klutz when it comes to things like that! I guess that's why I asked about the warranty in the first place. Really want those 16 voices though...

Like stated by others before, if you know how to use a screwdriver, you can do this easily. No worries.
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

shiihs

• phasing in and out of reality
--
gear: prophet rev2 16 voice, kawai NV10, casio wk-7600, Roland Integra-7, supercollider, ardour

links:

https://www.youtube.com/stefaanhimpe
https://soundcloud.com/stefaanhimpe
https://technogems.blogspot.com
https://a-touch-of-music.blogspot.com/

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 03:21:41 PM »
There are no such stickers on any DSI products anyway...