Arpeggio and LFO questions

Arpeggio and LFO questions
« on: December 27, 2020, 08:49:09 PM »
Hi! New pro 2 owner here, and I have a question about the arp functionality. I have read the manual, but can’t figure out how to have the arpeggiator play only the notes pressed, and then have a new key press not add to the arpeggio but still play in time with the clock rather than resetting on a key press. Maybe this isn’t possible but thought I’d ask.

Also is there a difference between setting an LFO destination in the mod matrix vs the LFO menu? Destination assignments don’t show up on both if you do it in just one place, and the mod matrix allows for negative values but the LFO menu doesn’t. Any advice on the best way to manage that?

Thanks!

Thanks!

Re: Arpeggio and LFO questions
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 10:12:49 AM »
Inspectedby39,  Congrats of a getting this fun instrument.  I know you can set multiple routs from one lfo in the mod matrix.  I think I understand your LFO question however, as its the same deal on the P12.  I don't believe the lfo routings (set by the lfo knobs themselves) appear displayed in the mod matrix.  I wish I was by instrument to double check that statement.  Anyway,,, my approach is that I just use up the 4 available lfo slots,  then, if I still need more, I go to mod matrix and pick one of the 4 lfo sources closest to the speed I want and and simply add a second new destination.

The Pro2 has an arpeggiator? ;)   Seriously though,  I don't think I ever looked at that feature being too engrossed with the sequencer.
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

Re: Arpeggio and LFO questions
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 02:08:13 PM »
Thanks for the reply! That sounds like a good workflow, I just wish I could apply negative values from the panel rather than going into the mod matrix.

I also figured out that there is a global setting added in the 1.3 update that solves my arpeggiator issue, so all set there!