Pro 2 Screen goes black

Pro 2 Screen goes black
« on: December 05, 2017, 09:48:27 AM »
I have been having this issue these last days where the pro 2 screen suddenly goes black and i don't know how to turn it back on again short of having to power it off and on again. Is this a normal thing to happen to save energy or something ? The sound stays the same it's only a screen issue

Re: Pro 2 Screen goes black
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 04:50:01 PM »
does it need a power cycle to show the screen again? i know the screen turns off after a few minutes of no use to save the OLED, but it always comes back on as soon as you touch a key/button/knob. there is a setting to turn this feature off

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 08:29:02 AM »
does it need a power cycle to show the screen again? i know the screen turns off after a few minutes of no use to save the OLED, but it always comes back on as soon as you touch a key/button/knob. there is a setting to turn this feature off

Soundsniper, I haven't used my Pro 2 in a while, but yes, I had that happen several times early on, though I don't recall it happening at all on the new OS.  Display would go black and I couldn't get lit up again with out the 'ole turn off and on trick. Naturally a bummer if you we're in the middle of making a patch and didn't save it.    There's a turn off for the screen screen saver as I recall.  I think when I disabled it that helped.  Like I said, this was on the old OS.   
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 03:50:57 AM »
It's weird , now it doesn't happen anymore ( didn't change a thing ) anyways thanks for the help !

Soundsniper, I haven't used my Pro 2 in a while, but yes, I had that happen several times early on, though I don't recall it happening at all on the new OS.  Display would go black and I couldn't get lit up again with out the 'ole turn off and on trick. Naturally a bummer if you we're in the middle of making a patch and didn't save it.    There's a turn off for the screen screen saver as I recall.  I think when I disabled it that helped.  Like I said, this was on the old OS.

Shaw

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 05:07:52 AM »
#jeditechskills

“These aren’t the problems you thought you were having.”
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 11:33:44 AM »
I guess I spoke too soon.  Screen went black yesterday and had to power down and up to get any function back.  It'd still play but all settings were locked in place.    I did had have a midi cable going in from a sequencer.  Don't know if that matters.  I'll keep an eye on it.
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

NLB

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 05:20:40 AM »
I've just encountered this problem. Have owned a Pro-2 for a year now and only today the screen has started to go blank after a few seconds, requiring power cycle to bring it back, then it goes blank again. Changed screen-saver settings - nothing.

Then I remembered that last night I changed my default patch (by pressing Global twice). On the off-chance I chose a new default patch and the problem went away.

Will also keep an eye on it.

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2021, 11:56:31 PM »
I have been having this issue these last days where the pro 2 screen suddenly goes black and i don't know how to turn it back on again short of having to power it off and on again. Is this a normal thing to happen to save energy or something ? The sound stays the same it's only a screen issue

Indeed, I purchased a used Pro 2 recently and the screen goes black the first time I switch it on when beginning a "daily synth session". I disabled the screensaver feature to see if it changed anything, but it has no effect on this strange behavior. To work around it each time it happens, I go through a power off-5s-on cycle, then that issue doesn't bother me until next day. Also, as a result, I enabled again the screensaver as it seems to have no connection with the issue at hand. My OS: M: 1.4.0.5.

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2021, 10:19:00 AM »
I've learned to press "write" patch frequently if I'm making something good ;)  The blackout is infrequent for me, so I never complained to support team about it, but certainly a quirk with my unit.

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2022, 10:04:15 AM »
It got pretty bad , going out every 15 minutes.  I opened it up and removed ribbon cables going to LED and to the main board, then reattached.  This seemed to fix it, at least for now.    Note if you open it up there also two screws on bottom that would not be obvious.  Just ask support for a picture of these two screws placement.