Various Interviews with Dave Smith

Re: Various Interviews with Dave Smith
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2022, 03:08:04 PM »
This is the product I’m most interested in seeing. I think it will determine the mindset going forward for Sequential/Oberheim. Another reissue? Another strictly analog synth or something more forward thinking? We shall have to wait and see.

I would love to see something forward thinking yet still retaining that 'knob per function' as I am not a big fan of menu diving.

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2022, 08:21:22 PM »
This is the product I’m most interested in seeing. I think it will determine the mindset going forward for Sequential/Oberheim. Another reissue? Another strictly analog synth or something more forward thinking? We shall have to wait and see.

I would love to see something forward thinking yet still retaining that 'knob per function' as I am not a big fan of menu diving.

I think that's Sequential's philosophy tho. I don't think they have a synth that requires menu diving. However, unless the synth is really barebones, there's always going to be a bit of menu navigation on a forward thinking synth....even the OBX8 has some menu navigation on the Page 2 functionality.

Sacred Synthesis

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2022, 02:34:13 PM »

Sacred Synthesis

jg666

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2022, 09:26:49 AM »
I've probably said it before but....

I could sit and listen to Dave all day and every time he talked about a particular synth it made me want it because he just looked, sounded and acted like someone who you could trust 100%

DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6