Analog Keys

LoboLives

Analog Keys
« on: December 03, 2017, 02:51:03 PM »
I’m slowly growing on the Elektron Analog Keys. I love the multitimbrality and sequencing capabilities and sounds. Any one here tried one/own one? Any opinions?

Re: Analog Keys
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 08:18:37 AM »
A friend of mine owns an Analog Four which is from what I understand the same synth without the keys. It seems like a lot of people complain about the overly complicated layout, small knobs and frequent use of "shift key" sorts of functions. In my experience though (I was able to borrow it for a few weeks), once I got a handle on the architecture and functions I found it to be a pleasure to work with. First of all, it sounds great and second the sequencer is very intuitive and encourages a creative approach which often leads to some happy accidents -- if you're into that sort of thing.

Yeah, the knobs are small and so is the display, but once I got used to synth I didn't really notice. Did I mention it sounds great?

LoboLives

Re: Analog Keys
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 10:23:32 AM »
A friend of mine owns an Analog Four which is from what I understand the same synth without the keys. It seems like a lot of people complain about the overly complicated layout, small knobs and frequent use of "shift key" sorts of functions. In my experience though (I was able to borrow it for a few weeks), once I got a handle on the architecture and functions I found it to be a pleasure to work with. First of all, it sounds great and second the sequencer is very intuitive and encourages a creative approach which often leads to some happy accidents -- if you're into that sort of thing.

Yeah, the knobs are small and so is the display, but once I got used to synth I didn't really notice. Did I mention it sounds great?

I think it sounds like a nice companion to the Prophet 6.