Tell me about some creative ways you've used your Tempest with Eurorack/modular

particlesintowaves

I figure there has to be some decent ways to integrate the two together. Right now I am thinking about, the most obvious of options, using the Tempest as a percussion sequencer for my system by using the individual outs as triggers. And while that sounds cool, this isn't really going to offer me anything over what my BSP can do. I guess I could use the CV inputs on the Tempest to control/modulate parameters with my modular, but I'm hoping you guys have come up with some more creative setups.

RobH

I figure there has to be some decent ways to integrate the two together. Right now I am thinking about, the most obvious of options, using the Tempest as a percussion sequencer for my system by using the individual outs as triggers. And while that sounds cool, this isn't really going to offer me anything over what my BSP can do. I guess I could use the CV inputs on the Tempest to control/modulate parameters with my modular, but I'm hoping you guys have come up with some more creative setups.

Inhave a eurorack i don't do much betweeen the two. I should use triggers as you say but my voices are normally all assigned.

I guess we could run the oscillators from the Tempest into the sync inputs on modules.

Steven Morris

• Steven Morris Music & Sound
    • Steven Morris Music & Sound
I guess I could use the CV inputs on the Tempest to control/modulate parameters with my modular, but I'm hoping you guys have come up with some more creative setups.

I have done this with some luck, but keep in mind that there are limitations with the Tempest's CV inputs. For example, if you use an audio-rate oscillator, the Tempest's CV inputs will max out at a certain frequency.

As for other uses, I have yet to do too much with it, but one thing I did early on was just send out a 'clock' from the Tempest to the modular via MIDI (just sending a repeating MIDI note for basic on-off pulses). Now if you have something like a Keystep, you could convert Eurorack clock to MTC and send that to the Tempest, and then utilize your Tempest's MIDI out for more creative sequencing to your modular.

fuzulu

• movement creates obstacles
wait a sec..... CV inputs on the Tempest????? Am I missing something????? Never noticed it on mine!!!

Hi,

Pedal 1,2 are the CV inputs.

Maximum 3.3V input.

Cheers

wait a sec..... CV inputs on the Tempest????? Am I missing something????? Never noticed it on mine!!!
Tim

fuzulu

• movement creates obstacles
hey, thats really cool, what a nice surprise.... probably wont use it for a while cause as it is, this machine is soooooo deep, but still great to know!! thanks!!!