Starting to have two jumpy encoders...

Starting to have two jumpy encoders...
« on: November 30, 2017, 10:58:27 AM »
After a few months of owning my desktop OB6, I'm starting to have two jumpy encoders (not the encoders problem again DSI ?).  >:(

The Clock Value selector, and the LFO Shape encoders are getting increasingly jumpy. I'm afraid that eventually I won't be able to select the value that I want... For now, turning them rapidly several times reduces/eliminates the jumpiness temporarily. But it returns in the following days. My OB6 isn't being used that much. So I don't think that it's a wear problem. Probably more an oxidation of the contacts problem. Or perhaps the silicone lubrication on the shaft that is leaking onto the contacts ?

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that on their OB6 ?
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

Re: Starting to have two jumpy encoders...
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 11:09:44 AM »
Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your OB-6. We've been using high quality encoders for many years now, so if yours are failing it's probably a fluke. Please contact our dedicated support channel for immediate assistance, it's always the fastest way to get the most accurate help if you're experiencing an issue:

support (at) davesmithinstruments.com
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

Re: Starting to have two jumpy encoders...
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 08:19:51 PM »
Thanks Robot Heart. If it ever get to the point of not being able to select the value I need, I'll be sure to do that.
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340