Sample kits

Sample kits
« on: November 28, 2017, 02:51:45 PM »
Just wanted to share a fun approach I tried out last night. I created an initialize patch with open filters and no oscillators and copied and pasted it to each pad so I had a kit of empty sounds. From there I scrolled through the samples via oscillator three and built out a kit of samples pad by pad.

The patterns were definitely cleaner and simpler sounding compared to what's typical of a Tempest kit but it was a fun constraint to play around with, especially when adding in external hardware effects.

Any other approaches you've find useful for building out kits or utilizing samples? I typically just snag an existing kit and modify it to suit my needs so I've been trying out some different approaches.

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
Re: Sample kits
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 12:13:44 AM »
Fun cause as an analog synth Inws hell bent on using analog OSC but agree that the samples are highly usable and so Inhave structure some of my kits to utilize them in part.
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

Re: Sample kits
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 03:55:58 PM »
I always start with a blank sheet too! It is like a certain state of mind...
by the way, not much synths offers this freedom of directions in sounddesign. Most of synths are full of "meh" presets straight out of factories, and to begin building something you need to init a preset. It was a flow-killer for me.
I love Tempest.