Can the Sequencer (Poly or Gate) send MIDI notes out?

Can the Sequencer (Poly or Gate) send MIDI notes out?
« on: November 22, 2017, 04:45:09 AM »
Curious to know if I can drive my Minitaur with the Rev2's sequencer.

Thanks

LoboLives

Re: Can the Sequencer (Poly or Gate) send MIDI notes out?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 07:55:44 AM »
I don't think so if it's anything like the P6/OB6 sequencers. This has been a feature request for a while now.

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 08:12:57 AM »
Curious to know if I can drive my Minitaur with the Rev2's sequencer.

No, that's not how the Rev2 sequencer works.

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 08:18:28 AM »
I don't think so if it's anything like the P6/OB6 sequencers. This has been a feature request for a while now.

Seems like not a lot do, at least not from DSI.  Analog Keys I own doesn't either.    Surprising, really, in 2017.

LoboLives

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 11:18:39 AM »

Seems like not a lot do, at least not from DSI.  Analog Keys I own doesn't either.    Surprising, really, in 2017.

Yeah I hate to sound bitter but you figure for a guy who pretty much invented midi it would be a no brainer but it is what it is I guess.

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 01:55:28 PM »
Dave is a creature of habit. MIDI sequencer notes out is not part of the original MIDI spec, which is why he's hesitant to adopt it. We all want it here too, it's on the request list, and I bring it up when we talk about feature additions so hopefully it makes it into the OS.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 06:31:29 PM »
Here's a potential work around if you have the software editor.  In the editor you can pull up the patch with the sequence you want to use.  Then in the software editor direct the sequencer to output to a separate port, like the virtual port.  Now all you need is to set you DAW MIDI track to listen to the selected port and you're off and running.  Not ideal but it works.

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 11:40:01 PM »
Main OS 1.1.4.9
Feature: Arp Beat Sync global
Feature: Arp/Sequence notes send to MIDI out global
Moog One <> Prophet Rev2 16V <>  Andromeda <> Kronos 61 <> Nord Stage 2 HA76 <> Integra 7 <> Minilogue XD module <> Blofeld desktop <> Behringer Model D <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> Matrix 1000 <> Micron <> Privia PX-5S <>  MODX7 <> TG77 <> ASM Hydrasynth <> Perform VE <> FCB1010