Ableton and Layers

joesh

Ableton and Layers
« on: November 20, 2017, 10:52:29 AM »
I have a problem with trying to get Ableton to work with the two layers available on the Prophet Rev2. Whenever I record something with two voices the A layer always takes priority. As an example, if I play a low C in 1/4 notes and I high C (above the split) in longer notes, you only get to hear the A layer 'C', unless there's a moment when the two notes aren't played together, and at this point the B layer 'C' comes through until the A layer 'C' takes over - a bit difficult to explain, I hope it makes sense.

What this seems to imply is that the DAW prioritises the A layer and ignores the B layer. I've tried making sure the split A/B is ON and OFF, but neither make any difference. Has anyone had any similar problem, or maybe someone can advise me how to solve the problem and how I should set up everything (synth and Ableton). 

Thanks in advance - Joesh

p.s. I have a ticket open with both DS and Ableton, so maybe I might get this resolved, however at present they've suggested various things, but nothings worked as yet.

p.p.s. I've posted another similar question but talking about a sequencer problem with a DAW in general. See the other post here: http://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,2079.0.html
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 10:54:03 AM by joesh »

Re: Ableton and Layers
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 06:41:46 PM »
i have this question too, did you ever figure it out?

joesh

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 11:04:34 PM »
NO I couldn't solve the problem. I just gave up on Ableton and went back to using Reaper to do my recording. Ableton were very helpful, but I still never solved the issue, sorry I can't help.

Jason

• Bandmix
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 08:27:31 AM »
It may not help, but I was having a problem that sounds similar. I bought an open box Rev2 Module to use with my Rev2 Keyboard, and my splits where not working correctly. I now think that Multimode was switched on in the the Module. I would first double check that you are running OS 1.1.0.3, and then Reset Globals under in the Global menu. It worked for me and is worth a try.

joesh

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 09:30:25 AM »
Hi Jason, thanks I'll look into that, but I (think I) tried that at the suggestion of the Ableton team.