Organizing programs on the Mopho x 4

Organizing programs on the Mopho x 4
« on: November 19, 2017, 09:17:49 PM »
Hello everyone -

I'm a total noob but I believe my question is simple and straightforward, and I have found no answer for it elsewhere online:

Can I change the order of programs? That is, can I organize programs/patches on the Mopho x 4 so that the first, let's say 20 or so programs would be "bass sounds," the next 20 would be "leads," the next 20 "instrumental," etc...

I know how to rewrite programs but I would like to know how to move their order around to improve access and workflow.

Thank you !
Mako

chysn

Re: Organizing programs on the Mopho x 4
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 05:07:02 AM »
The X4 has factory bank programs in ROM that cannot be re-ordered or changed in any way. The programs in the user bank, you can change however you want.

Since the user bank starts out as a copy of the factory bank, you're not at risk of losing anything. Just select the sound you want from the factory bank, and then save it to one of the user bank locations, in whatever order you want.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 06:19:14 PM »
Thank you for your reply.

I have already programed a few patches and I would like to move them. Program 62-U1 to program 1-U1, for example. I cannot figure out how to do this... Could you tell me how?

Thanks again.
Mako

chysn

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 05:32:56 AM »
I have already programed a few patches and I would like to move them. Program 62-U1 to program 1-U1, for example. I cannot figure out how to do this... Could you tell me how?

There's no "move" operation on the X4. Copy a program to a new location like this:

(1) Choose the program that you want to copy
(2) Push the "Write" button
(3) Select the destination location. "Param 2" selects the bank and "Param 1" selects the program
(4) Press the "Inc/Yes" button to save the program
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 06:55:45 AM »
I've found no way to rearrange the factory patches, so I approached it a little differently. I took the patch list and went through each of them to sign them with the type of sound and describe the character shortly. Having done that, I chose a collection of sounds that I especially like and made my own lists of keys, pads, basses etc. You may find it useful too, so let me share it with you: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0x3vzoaz8wj2365/AABMleIoOQzclqxMymAAPdeFa?dl=0

chysn

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 03:26:08 AM »
When I had a Mopho, I found naming patches tedious, so I just didn't. I started my sounds from a patch I called "Init" and all the sounds I made were just called "Init".
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his