On the fence...

James M

Re: On the fence...
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2017, 09:52:34 PM »
Have you purchased yet?

I had the same dilemma, and got the Rev2. (And add that I grew up on skinny puppy too)

I’m not saying the Rev2 was better than the Sub37, as in store comparison the Rev2 couldn’t create the same tones myself and two ancient sales staff got so easy on the Sub37. And the Sub37 sequencer is a joy! (I’m not a DAW fan)

If I didn’t have the moog Minitaur, I’d have gone for the Sub37, because sequenced bass rhythm and drone is the foundation of my personal projects, and it’s purpose built for that from my POV.

In the end, I went for the Rev2 because I have the Moog Mintaur, and the Rev2 has lots more to offer (at not such a difference in price for the 8 voice), which adds new possibilities to my work. That’s a sale.

Re: On the fence...
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2017, 11:42:33 AM »
Hi James.

Wow I am impressed that even so many people here actually listened to Skinny Puppy.

Went to a shop but they didn't have the REV2 and as you mentioned the Moog is a bit more hands on quick to get to a sound in mind.

Went for the Subsequent, the REV2 will have to wait a bit. In combo I think it will be a dream set up. As for now the Jupiter 50 is my poly synth, very nice but a PIA to edit and no after touch.

Am thinking going full analog with the exception of maybe the Digitakt, very interesting little machine.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 12:03:57 PM by The Man Machine »