Prophet 12 digital sound examples?

LoboLives

Re: Prophet 12 digital sound examples?
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2017, 03:12:43 PM »
You know with the onboard effects of my P6 and built in Lexicon effects on my Soundcraft I'm always sort of iffy on getting another effects box. Was thinking about the Eclipse Rack.

Shaw

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2017, 03:28:29 PM »
You know with the onboard effects of my P6 and built in Lexicon effects on my Soundcraft I'm always sort of iffy on getting another effects box. Was thinking about the Eclipse Rack.
Those are excellent sounding units. I sold mine to fund an H7600, but otherwise it was a keeper.
They were reasonably priced last time I looked on Reverb...
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

Mr Kay

• The Disease
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2017, 11:25:47 PM »
Whatever external processor works is great!  Is it cool that you can create these same effects from the P12 delays?  Absolutely.  Would I rather have those 4 delays ready and waiting to modulate, mangle and create chaos in a P12 patch?  You betcha  ;)

It's better to use external effects for reverb because the one you can create with the P12 often sounds metallic.

But for the chorus, very few effects units have an ensemble one, Nord wasn't crazy not featuring a chorus in the NL4 (they could have, the Nord Wave had a good one) and a fantastic chorus ensemble on the A1.

I also recently bought a Strymon Big Sky on tried it on the P12 and it was a pure trip  ;D

fuzulu

• movement creates obstacles
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2017, 06:09:27 AM »
Strymon Big Sky and Prophet 12 is a match made in heaven... I landed on a long reverb which just sounds so good I have never been able to take the pedal off the Pro12 after that...

I was wandering about the Nord A1... Im getting a decent deal on one... how good is it? Where would u rate it compared to a Prophet 12? Is it toyish at all by any chance? I always loved the Nord sound, pretty keen on getting it but its not really cheap and still a little bit of an investment so I need to be sure.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 06:11:14 AM by fuzulu »

Shaw

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2017, 08:35:31 AM »
I was wandering about the Nord A1... Im getting a decent deal on one... how good is it? Where would u rate it compared to a Prophet 12? Is it toyish at all by any chance? I always loved the Nord sound, pretty keen on getting it but its not really cheap and still a little bit of an investment so I need to be sure.
The A1 sounds fine, but you should play one before you buy it. The keyboard feels cheap to me. I know others may disagree and that's fine, but the feel of the keys was such a turn off that I really stopped considering it. 

my 2˘
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

Mr Kay

• The Disease
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2017, 12:32:01 PM »

I sold a Nord 2X to buy a P12 and it was a piece of cake to reprogram most of the sounds.

The NL4 was a competitor but I preferred adding extra money to buy the P'12 (prefered a 5 octave Kb with aftertouch and a killer modulation matrix).

The A1 is more limited, so...

Shaw

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2017, 01:19:38 PM »
The NL4 was a competitor but I preferred adding extra money to buy the P'12 (prefered a 5 octave Kb with aftertouch and a killer modulation matrix).
And a far superior key bed.....

fuzulu

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2017, 02:24:51 PM »
thanks for the inputs guys, yeah for sure it makes sense to check out one if I get the chance before attempting to buy it

Mr Kay

• The Disease
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2017, 11:43:30 AM »
Maybe a desktop version may be more interesting

fuzulu

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2017, 04:42:22 PM »
yeah I was thinking exactly the same... if the keybed is not great and a desktop version is available (which is) then why not get that instead and save some money and space