Prophet-6 editor VST

Re: Prophet-6 editor VST
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2020, 12:03:00 PM »
It does work really nicely, in terms of functionality. It is great to be able to save different setups/tracks with your DAW session and to be able to easily automate things, and save patches to the computer.

However, I have had issues running it with Cubase 10.5, it crashes on open. None of my other VSTs have any problems and I don't have any other hardware besides my interface. It has been a bit touch and go with the dev to sort out the bug, hopefully he'll figure it out soon, the editor is so good that it became essential to my workflow.

Hi!

Can any customer here comment if this editor works reliable as advertised, please?

I would very much like for it to work. If that is the case, IŽll gladly buy it.

Thanks

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2020, 10:18:09 AM »
Does anyone have an idea of a workflow using the editor where it doesn't change what i'm working on with the P6. I use Protools and a wrapper, I don't use it on every session but when i do i want it to save the P6 program and state but as soon as i activate it the editor replaces the sound i'm working on. Is there a preference or way to avoid this (that's not starting the session with it active)?

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2020, 01:32:20 AM »
Does anyone have an idea of a workflow using the editor where it doesn't change what i'm working on with the P6. I use Protools and a wrapper, I don't use it on every session but when i do i want it to save the P6 program and state but as soon as i activate it the editor replaces the sound i'm working on. Is there a preference or way to avoid this (that's not starting the session with it active)?
I added this feature in latest update. See option "Keep Current Program" in editor preferences.

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2020, 02:07:37 AM »
I've recently purchased this. Seems to work pretty well, and I'm finding it useful as a Librarian, as well as being able to see each patch as a whole.

I'd like to be able to edit the tags. Is that possible? I know how to add tags, but I can't see how to delete them or rename the ones I have - change pad to Pad for instance, with a capital P. I've also added a couple that I mis-spelt and I can't now delete them. If that isn't possible, could it be added in an update?

Thanks.

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2020, 08:24:37 PM »
I've had several bad experiences with Soundtower and have been thinking about the Prophet 6 VST from codeKnobs. @codeKnobs, I saw your Black Friday sales and wondered if will you be having a sale anytime soon?

Second question, are there any feature differences between SYNTHET and the P6 VST besides the DAW specific features? I'm looking more for librarian and editor features than automation.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 08:45:27 PM by Synthient Sound »

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2020, 12:35:26 PM »
Doesn't look like the coder of Code Knobs visits this page too often as he/she has not responded to the last two queries.

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2020, 07:45:31 PM »
I have both CodeKnobs and SoundTower. Although the Soundtower's Synth parameter UI is better and more intuitive, Codeknobs is far better in terms of preset management and working inside the DAW. Codeknobs saves the patch within the plugin and you can have multiple instances of the plugin with different presets - when you switch to a different instance it prompts to activate with a small popup. The patch instantly switches over by clicking activate. You can also search patches,e asily save your own on the synth itself or within the software. Another advantage is within Ableton you can save .alc files which are made by dragging MIDI from a track to the browser, you can then hover over the .alc file and it will play back the MIDI with the exact patch you used and this works seamlessly with CodeKnobs but not with Soundtower. Great software, I just wish it would show a carbon copy to the real synth in terms of UI as there are different names for corresponding parameters and I don't like the blue and grey interface, it's a little confusing.

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2020, 07:59:39 PM »
I bought Synthet but am having an odd problem in that when it is connected to my P6, I am only getting 3 voices...not the full 6. If I disconnect the Prophet, it plays fine with 6 voices. Any idea what would cause this?

@codeknobs

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2020, 12:37:20 PM »
I bought Synthet but am having an odd problem in that when it is connected to my P6, I am only getting 3 voices...not the full 6. If I disconnect the Prophet, it plays fine with 6 voices. Any idea what would cause this?

@codeknobs

My guess is that you have a keyboard one, and your keyboard is sending to the computer but the computer is also sending to the keyboard. You probably want to turn "local" off on the Prophet.

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2021, 03:55:52 PM »
hi!
do you know how it handles latency-delay compensation in Cubase?

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2021, 04:40:46 PM »
Hello
i bought few weeks ago the prophet 6 desktop .
Iam impressed with the  synth!

i bought codeknobs vst editor to manage my sounds and libraries but i cannot find any manual for it.I contacted with the company but..no luck.Nobody responded.
Does anyone know where i can find the manual?>?
do you know if i can replasce a factory bank with a custm bank with this software?

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2021, 08:33:37 PM »
I'm not familiar with Codeknobs but I do know that, as shipped from the factory, the first 500 presets are exactly the same as the second 500 presets. At least, that was the case on my Prophet6 when I bought it. You can overwrite the first 500 but not the second 500.
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2021, 08:52:31 AM »
I'm not familiar with Codeknobs but I do know that, as shipped from the factory, the first 500 presets are exactly the same as the second 500 presets. At least, that was the case on my Prophet6 when I bought it. You can overwrite the first 500 but not the second 500.
That's how it should be :)