Prophet REV2 editor VST

Re: Prophet REV2 editor VST
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2018, 06:02:43 AM »
Hi, I demo'ed the Prophet REV2 Editor VST/AU 1.12, and I really like it. However, my only problem was figuring out how to be able to record the midi from the rev2 keyboard, into my DAW, while using this vst? I know there is the aux output port, but I couldn't figure out how to get it to work. I am using Windows 10, Ableton Live Suite 10. You mentioned that on Windows, I'll need "virtual midi ports software". Where can I find this? Thank you!

How to record MIDI from synthesizer in DAW

On OS X
1. Enable checkbox “Aux Output Port” in the editor preferences
2. Add or enable input MIDI port “ProphetREV2Editor_AUX” in your DAW

On Windows
   Unfortunately on Windows platform this required additional virtual MIDI ports software. I highly recommend loopMIDI by Tobias Erichsen (https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html). Also I recommend to use virtual MIDI ports software instead any hardware solution because low latency.

1. Run loopMIDI and add MIDI port with name like “REV2_aux”
2. Open the editor and set this created port in “Aux Output Port”.
3. Add or enable input MIDI port “REV2_aux” in your DAW.

Also in some cases you can get midi loop issues. It depends from setup and midi routing on your side. To avoid this you can disable “Local Control” on device and enable “Local Control Support”in the editor preferences. Again, “Local Control Support” should be enabled when “Local control” is OFF on device. This feature was added in 1.13 version.

chexg

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2018, 04:56:48 PM »
Hi, I demo'ed the Prophet REV2 Editor VST/AU 1.12, and I really like it. However, my only problem was figuring out how to be able to record the midi from the rev2 keyboard, into my DAW, while using this vst? I know there is the aux output port, but I couldn't figure out how to get it to work. I am using Windows 10, Ableton Live Suite 10. You mentioned that on Windows, I'll need "virtual midi ports software". Where can I find this? Thank you!

How to record MIDI from synthesizer in DAW

On OS X
1. Enable checkbox “Aux Output Port” in the editor preferences
2. Add or enable input MIDI port “ProphetREV2Editor_AUX” in your DAW

On Windows
   Unfortunately on Windows platform this required additional virtual MIDI ports software. I highly recommend loopMIDI by Tobias Erichsen (https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html). Also I recommend to use virtual MIDI ports software instead any hardware solution because low latency.

1. Run loopMIDI and add MIDI port with name like “REV2_aux”
2. Open the editor and set this created port in “Aux Output Port”.
3. Add or enable input MIDI port “REV2_aux” in your DAW.

Also in some cases you can get midi loop issues. It depends from setup and midi routing on your side. To avoid this you can disable “Local Control” on device and enable “Local Control Support”in the editor preferences. Again, “Local Control Support” should be enabled when “Local control” is OFF on device. This feature was added in 1.13 version.

Thank you!

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2018, 06:43:23 PM »
codeKnobs: have you tested DSI's REV2 VST/AU product with Ableton Live Version 10? Just wondering if anyone has used this with Version 10. I realize it should work fine regardless of the DAW they are using but curious to know other people's DAW environment currently in use with your product.

Works great for me with Ableton Live 10 especially after version posted at 4/20/2018! I use AU version.

codeKnobs was super responsive to help with small issues!

Multiple instances feature is a killer one! I wish my Moog the Subsequent 37 editor had that too.

313techno

• Prophet Rev2
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2018, 07:13:35 AM »
Just must say that I'm having tons of fun with the Rev2 editor in my productions inside Live10. Using the editor inside the gated sequencer is producing arpeggios like you wouldn't believe inside of my tracks!
JB

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2018, 11:40:08 PM »
Hi, just testing the editor out with my Rev2, it seems great, one question before I purchase:

Is it possible to map the Program Select to my Push 2? It doesn't seem selectable when I try and map it through Ableton and I often like to lay down some midi before scrolling through different presets, it'd be nice to do this from my push instead of going over to the rev2

Edit - Ok purchased anyway as it seems great and stable but if the above feature could be added that would be most appreciated :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 12:17:47 AM by mobofunk »

« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2018, 06:13:26 AM »
Hi, just testing the editor out with my Rev2, it seems great, one question before I purchase:

Is it possible to map the Program Select to my Push 2? It doesn't seem selectable when I try and map it through Ableton and I often like to lay down some midi before scrolling through different presets, it'd be nice to do this from my push instead of going over to the rev2

Edit - Ok purchased anyway as it seems great and stable but if the above feature could be added that would be most appreciated :)

Sorry for late response. You can browse rev2 programs (from banks on device) from Push2 by "Browse" button as with any other vst.

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2018, 02:14:18 PM »
NEW VERSION 1.15 RELEASED!

New features:
1. Input Clock midi port. Now you can route MIDI clock and sync messages from DAW to synthesizer to sync arp and seq.
2. Latency parameter in preferences. Now you can set latency between playing note and signal on audio interface. Сhanging this parameter requires disabling and enabling the plugin instance.
3. Delay parameter in preferences. Sets delay for playing sequence, Can be useful for sync DAW and synthesizer when audio signal doesn't captures in audio interface in DAW and routed to console etc.
4. Sidechain audio input. Now you can route audio data to the editor, it can be useful in some DAWs when you want to process audio on channel with the editor.

Fixes:
- Fix plugin audio output. Now it is stereo.
- Fix issue with displaying VST in Studio One 3 and 4
- Different minor fixes in layouts

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2018, 08:37:01 PM »

Sorry for late response. You can browse rev2 programs (from banks on device) from Push2 by "Browse" button as with any other vst.

hmm when I'm on the channel that has the editor and I press the Browse button on Push2, it only takes me to the normal browse mode where it lets me swap instruments etc. Are you please able to explain further?

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2018, 11:45:23 PM »
hmm when I'm on the channel that has the editor and I press the Browse button on Push2, it only takes me to the normal browse mode where it lets me swap instruments etc. Are you please able to explain further?

-->  https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209776485-Push-1-2-Browsing-plug-in-presets

« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2018, 12:51:39 AM »

-->  https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209776485-Push-1-2-Browsing-plug-in-presets

Ah thank you, it's a problem with AU's I see

« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2018, 01:59:17 PM »
Hey guys, I've had this for a little while but haven't been able to integrate it into my workflow. I'd really like to because I feel like it could be huge advantage.

Do you have any advice/tips or know if its possible to save a Rev2 Patch as an Ableton Device or Instrument Rack? I wrap my head around the library.

I don't so much care about having the patches stored on the Rev2, so long as I can save them quickly within Ableton and load them up just as quick.

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2018, 09:38:49 PM »
Hi community. Is someone using the vst editor with Cubase? I have a question regarding the setup within Cubase. Thank you in advance.
IMac Mid 2013, Cubase 9Pro, Prophet Rev 2 8voice

« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2018, 10:16:42 PM »
Hi community. Is someone using the vst editor with Cubase? I have a question regarding the setup within Cubase. Thank you in advance.

I just bough CodeKnobs yesterday and will use it in Cubase tonight. What is your question?

« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2018, 04:48:15 AM »

I just bough CodeKnobs yesterday and will use it in Cubase tonight. What is your question?

Hi Ron. Thank you for taking your time. I have started to integrate the rev 2 into my workflow using the vst editor. Is it correct that I have to create an additional audio track to receive the audio signal from the rev2?

« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2018, 01:15:12 PM »

Hi Ron. Thank you for taking your time. I have started to integrate the rev 2 into my workflow using the vst editor. Is it correct that I have to create an additional audio track to receive the audio signal from the rev2?

I have created a multi-track preset for the Rev2 that loads 3 tracks in total...

1. A midi track pointed at the Rev2.
2. An audio track for monitoring the Rev2 outputs.
3. A VST Instrument track that has the Codeknobs editor already loaded.

There might be a simpler way but this works great for me.
I use Nuendo with the Cubase add ons so this should apply to Cubase as well.

(Edit)
I should add that I'm using the USB connection for the editor only. 5 Pin Midi for everything else...Notes, Controllers etc.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 02:46:33 PM by Chimponaut »
Original Model D <> Sub 37 <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 <> Prophet Rev2 8Voice <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Prologue16 <> Triton Le <> Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55 <> Sound Gizmo

"They're not aliens...they're Americans!"
(The Mouse That Roared, 1959)

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2018, 02:25:02 PM »

I have created a multi-track preset for the Rev2 that loads 3 tracks in total...

I have more or less the same.  I started with only 1 for midi and 1 for audio. That should be sufficient. 

I noticed something annoying. The volume knob on the Rev2 sends midi volume controller midi as well.

« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2018, 08:43:16 PM »

I have more or less the same.  I started with only 1 for midi and 1 for audio. That should be sufficient. 

I noticed something annoying. The volume knob on the Rev2 sends midi volume controller midi as well.
Thank you guys. It seems that I did everything right. The only difference is that I have no additional midi track. I record midi notes directly to the rack instrument track with the editor loaded. I use USB as midi connection.

The volume knob indeed is sending midi and it happened several times when controlling a softsynth that I changed volume...

« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2018, 12:26:39 AM »
I really like the Codeknobs editor but there is one thing that could be improved. And that is using the available space a bit better; especially with the gated sequencer. The font and the slider are so tiny (on my screen) that it is very hard to slide and read). So if all the labels of the values would get a font that is a bit bigger that would be great.

First I was going to make an editor myself but I just have no time (making music is already hard), but when I see issues in an existing one it start itching :-)

« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2018, 07:54:39 AM »
I really like the Codeknobs editor but there is one thing that could be improved. And that is using the available space a bit better; especially with the gated sequencer. The font and the slider are so tiny (on my screen) that it is very hard to slide and read). So if all the labels of the values would get a font that is a bit bigger that would be great.

First I was going to make an editor myself but I just have no time (making music is already hard), but when I see issues in an existing one it start itching :-)
Thank you for the feedback! BTW you can scale UI in the editor preferences. :)

« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2018, 12:26:18 AM »
Hi codeknobs, is the Morphing function available in your editor?
DSI Prophet Rev2, Access Virus TI, Moog Sirin, Ableton Live