Prophet REV2 editor VST

Prophet REV2 editor VST
« on: November 11, 2017, 10:18:48 AM »
Hi there,
I released Prophet REV2 editor - VST editor for the Prophet REV2. Now you can store your patches within DAW project, automate synthesizer parameters and much more!

Product page: http://codeknobs.com/products.php?id=7

Re: Prophet REV2 editor VST
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 10:20:13 AM »
Currently only windows version. Mac version comming soon!

Rico

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 10:24:17 AM »
Currently only windows version. Mac version comming soon!

Great, been waiting for something like this! Keeping my fingers crossed for audio unit format on the mac version...

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 06:22:41 AM »
Codneknobs DSI editor (synthet) = highly recommended!

Looking forward to a MAC AU / VST version

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 03:52:11 AM »
A Mac AU would be deeply appreciated!

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 08:31:10 AM »
Black friday sales available!

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 12:07:44 PM »
OS X VST and AU version is released!

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 08:03:41 PM »
This app works great.  Thanks!
Prophet Rev2, SonicCore Xite-1,CP300,CS5,SK20

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2017, 12:38:51 PM »
Other than a program banks manager, I've never understood the point of such software for editing sounds on a computer screen, when the hardware synth offers 55 physical knobs and 35 real buttons that are just waiting for you to tweak with your bare hands !?
And since almost anything can modulate anything else on that same hardware synth, the automation feature seems rather pointless too...
Am I missing something ? But maybe I'm too "old school". After all, I'm 10 years older than my 1975 Minimoog D... ;-)

Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2017, 03:03:49 PM »
Other than a program banks manager, I've never understood the point of such software for editing sounds on a computer screen, when the hardware synth offers 55 physical knobs and 35 real buttons that are just waiting for you to tweak with your bare hands !?
And since almost anything can modulate anything else on that same hardware synth, the automation feature seems rather pointless too...
Am I missing something ? But maybe I'm too "old school". After all, I'm 10 years older than my 1975 Minimoog D... ;-)

One thing I use it for is to learn from other sound designers. You can easily see all the controls on the screen without having to turn knobs to see parameters.

Another thing it's good for is easily accessing menu diving options. Instead of navigating through the menu you can select those items easier by clicking on the software.

This editor in particular is good for sound designing/producing. You can open another instance to start on a different type of sound and go between the sounds and the controls come up how they were.

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2017, 08:17:00 PM »

One thing I use it for is to learn from other sound designers. You can easily see all the controls on the screen without having to turn knobs to see parameters.

Another thing it's good for is easily accessing menu diving options. Instead of navigating through the menu you can select those items easier by clicking on the software.

This editor in particular is good for sound designing/producing. You can open another instance to start on a different type of sound and go between the sounds and the controls come up how they were.

3 good points, I must admit.  8)
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 02:32:59 AM »
I like it so I can load a project in logic and my external synth(s) are set up and ready to go.

Plus recording automation data.

jg666

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2017, 02:23:50 AM »

So does this meant that they do a standalone version like the offering from Soundtower ?
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2017, 02:34:57 AM »

So does this meant that they do a standalone version like the offering from Soundtower ?
Yes. You can learn more here http://codeknobs.com/products.php?id=6

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2017, 11:35:27 AM »
Hi codeknobs. I bought your vst editor for the rev2 today. Are you planning to integrate the polyphonic sequencer?
Thank you for making this great product.
IMac Mid 2013, Cubase 9Pro, Prophet Rev 2 8voice

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2017, 11:35:51 PM »
Hi codeknobs. I bought your vst editor for the rev2 today. Are you planning to integrate the polyphonic sequencer?
Thank you for buying the editor! Yes, I working on poly sequencer control but can say when it will be released.

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2017, 03:52:14 AM »
Great! Thank you.

Thank you for buying the editor! Yes, I working on poly sequencer control but can say when it will be released.
IMac Mid 2013, Cubase 9Pro, Prophet Rev 2 8voice

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2018, 06:30:32 AM »
"MIDI Clock Mode to OFF. Because VST Host doesn't send or receive MIDI clock messages via VST protocol."

Does this mean that there is no way to automatically sync REV2 to DAW tempo?

Thanks

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2018, 10:48:16 PM »
Anyone else having graphics corruption and slow graphics refreshing with this editor. When I turn "Always on Top" off and it gets hidden behind another window the editor's graphics disappear or get corrupted. (See the attachments) Minimizing it and restoring it fixes the issue until it gets hidden again. This is becoming a pain. None of my other vst editors have this problem...Sub37, Minitaur. In fact I also use the Integra 7 and OB-6 stand alone editors and they also do not show any of these issues.

Also, when loading a preset saved to my hard drive some settings don't recall properly. For example the other night I loaded a stacked preset and layer B wasn't sounding. When I pressed the "Edit Layer B" button on the synth Layer B suddenly started sounding as it should. This has happened twice so far that I've noticed.

I have it connected using the Midi Din connection.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 10:50:26 PM by Chimponaut »
Original Model D <> Sub 37 <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 <> Prophet Rev2 8Voice <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Prologue16 <> Triton Le <> Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55 <> Sound Gizmo

"They're not aliens...they're Americans!"
(The Mouse That Roared, 1959)

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2018, 02:50:03 PM »
I would say email Alexey. I had this issue when I was beta testing it, but I couldn't figure out what to do to get it to reproduce repeatedly.  So maybe there is something he can look into.