Prophet REV2 editor VST

Re: Prophet REV2 editor VST
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2018, 05:51:22 AM »
Hi codeKnobs and fellow board members,

I've been trying out the trial version in Ableton Live 10, i see your specs specify that you can have multiple instances of the VST.

I've tried 2 tracks with 2 differents presets set.

When i add some midi in one track then some midi in another track in "song mode" for instance, well it plays the active one but doesn't play anything in the second track. (I made sure both tracks aren't playing at the same time as i guess this doesn't make sense)

Is is possible to switch automatically to the active instance ?

Thanks,
James
Apologizes for late answer. Unfortunately no. Only manual switch.

« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2018, 05:52:13 AM »
X-MAS SALES! REV2 editor just for 34$!
http://codeknobs.com/products.php?id=7

« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2018, 02:51:02 AM »
When I record playing a riff and knob movements and then play it back the synth reacts correctly but I can not see the parameters that are recorded at all, so can not alter them when in
 stuff up :).

Same with the P12.  I’m using Logic X btw, and to be clear it’s the recorded knob values I can not see, the actually notes I can see fine.

« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2018, 08:34:21 AM »
When I record playing a riff and knob movements and then play it back the synth reacts correctly but I can not see the parameters that are recorded at all, so can not alter them when in
 stuff up :).

Same with the P12.  I’m using Logic X btw, and to be clear it’s the recorded knob values I can not see, the actually notes I can see fine.
Knobs record through VST/AU protocol, not MIDI. The workflow with any other software instrument.

« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2019, 03:07:06 PM »
Hi!

I recently bought the REV2 editor AU plugin and I like it a lot. Far nicer than the Soundtower version in my opinion.

So far I just have one problem with it in Logic X - If I record a midi performance playing the synth and afterwards add parameter automation by recording knob movements on the REV (on the same software instrument track), I start getting strange, irregular latencies on some of the notes/chords in the midi sequence. The more parameters I automate, the worse the problem gets. I have also noticed that the latency disappears if I shorten the notes, so there are pretty long gaps between them. If I disable all automation on the track, the performance is played just like it was recorded. Just to clearify - it is not the typical latency issue discussed earlier in this thread, where all the midi is a bit out of sync - just some of the notes/chords in the sequence are heard quite long after the actual midi note is played.

I don’t know if this is a problem with the plugin, or the synth itself. Has anyone else experienced this in Logic and know a solution?

I have the latest version of Logic X, the REV is connected via USB and I have set up both the synth and editor plugin according to the configuration guide.

« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2019, 11:42:38 AM »
Okay I am full on struggling with something that I consider fundamental to a piece of software like this, so I must be doing something wrong.

I'd made a bunch of patches myself and used Synthet to create a new project and dumped all the patches into it.  I've since then filled all 4 user banks with 3rd party patches and tonight decided to reload all my own patches.

How do I send everything from a Synthet project file to the Rev2?

« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2019, 11:04:34 AM »
Hi!

I recently bought the REV2 editor AU plugin and I like it a lot. Far nicer than the Soundtower version in my opinion.

So far I just have one problem with it in Logic X - If I record a midi performance playing the synth and afterwards add parameter automation by recording knob movements on the REV (on the same software instrument track), I start getting strange, irregular latencies on some of the notes/chords in the midi sequence. The more parameters I automate, the worse the problem gets. I have also noticed that the latency disappears if I shorten the notes, so there are pretty long gaps between them. If I disable all automation on the track, the performance is played just like it was recorded. Just to clearify - it is not the typical latency issue discussed earlier in this thread, where all the midi is a bit out of sync - just some of the notes/chords in the sequence are heard quite long after the actual midi note is played.

I don’t know if this is a problem with the plugin, or the synth itself. Has anyone else experienced this in Logic and know a solution?

I have the latest version of Logic X, the REV is connected via USB and I have set up both the synth and editor plugin according to the configuration guide.
I got similar issue but with AS-1 not with REV2 on windoiws (didn't checked on OS X). It's looks like system glitches because big count of midi messages. If reduce midi messages count (disable or make simple automation) everething sounds good. I guess that device (or something on driver side) does not have time to process midi data. This issue easy to reproduce and without editor.

« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2019, 11:10:45 AM »
Okay I am full on struggling with something that I consider fundamental to a piece of software like this, so I must be doing something wrong.

I'd made a bunch of patches myself and used Synthet to create a new project and dumped all the patches into it.  I've since then filled all 4 user banks with 3rd party patches and tonight decided to reload all my own patches.

Synthet project can contain only one patche per instance (instances I mean synthet feature). Did you mean that you  imported patches to Program Manager in synthet?

« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2019, 01:17:46 PM »
I got similar issue but with AS-1 not with REV2 on windoiws (didn't checked on OS X). It's looks like system glitches because big count of midi messages. If reduce midi messages count (disable or make simple automation) everething sounds good. I guess that device (or something on driver side) does not have time to process midi data. This issue easy to reproduce and without editor.

Thanks for the reply! I tried simplifying the automation (see attached image) and this time I just automated the Cutoff parameter, but I still get a really long delay on the last chord in the sequence. Pretty strange if the Rev can't handle such a small amount of automation data without latency..

« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2019, 11:57:20 PM »

Synthet project can contain only one patche per instance (instances I mean synthet feature). Did you mean that you  imported patches to Program Manager in synthet?

One patch?  So you can't use Synthet to simply dump all your voices into a project and save it, therefore creating a backup of everything?

« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2019, 08:21:06 AM »

One patch?  So you can't use Synthet to simply dump all your voices into a project and save it, therefore creating a backup of everything?
You can dump your programs to Program Manager in synthet, mark special tag and recall in any time you want. Please see tutorial video

« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2019, 08:23:23 AM »

Thanks for the reply! I tried simplifying the automation (see attached image) and this time I just automated the Cutoff parameter, but I still get a really long delay on the last chord in the sequence. Pretty strange if the Rev can't handle such a small amount of automation data without latency..
BTW it can be midi loop. Did you tried to disable Local Control in REV2 Globals?

« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2019, 03:22:45 PM »
You can dump your programs to Program Manager in synthet, mark special tag and recall in any time you want. Please see tutorial video

Thanks but I think I'll call it a day.  If that's the only instructions for this software then I'm not going to be able to use it.  I personally find that video unwatchable.

Thanks for your help but I'll find another way to do backup/restore of the whole synth.

« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2019, 07:29:30 PM »
I've had this for a while and keep trying to integrate it into my Ableton setup but failing each time. Maybe I'm missing something simple.

I'd like to still be able to use my Rev2 as a midi instrument while also using the Editor VST. I can't seem to set up the Rev2 as an external instrument and use the editor at the same time, only one or the other.

« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2019, 02:52:46 PM »
I've had this for a while and keep trying to integrate it into my Ableton setup but failing each time. Maybe I'm missing something simple.

I'd like to still be able to use my Rev2 as a midi instrument while also using the Editor VST. I can't seem to set up the Rev2 as an external instrument and use the editor at the same time, only one or the other.

The creator helped me figure this one out!

« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2019, 10:20:00 AM »
I'll never understand someone buying a synth full of buttons and knobs, only to want to control/program it via software...
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2019, 10:13:54 PM »
I'll never understand someone buying a synth full of buttons and knobs, only to want to control/program it via software...
I generally agree but I see a real interest in editing the sequencer and even more gated sequencer...

« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2019, 05:01:28 AM »
Razmo gave a detailed answer to this on the previous page.
My answer is: you get all benefits of work with software instruments and keep all benefits of work with hardware instruments.
- You don't need save your sounds in synthesizer memory because it saves in DAW project
- You see actual parameters of the patch
- You can easy automate parameters, you don't need to remember CCs etc
- Usable preset manager and tools for generating new sounds.

« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2019, 08:17:24 AM »
Hello Alexey/codeknobs,
I am still having some issues getting your Editor to work with my setup. I am using Logic X (latest version) and the editor (and hardware) is not recieving the bpm from my DAW. I tried varius settings, but somehow I am missing the right one. What do I have to do (DAW, Editor, Hardware)  to make it work.

Also - I like the side audio feature, BUT I only get Mono Input options from the drop-down menu. ?!

I hope you/someone can help me. I really love your editor... .

« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2019, 02:23:58 AM »
Hello Alexey/codeknobs,
I am still having some issues getting your Editor to work with my setup. I am using Logic X (latest version) and the editor (and hardware) is not recieving the bpm from my DAW. I tried varius settings, but somehow I am missing the right one. What do I have to do (DAW, Editor, Hardware)  to make it work.

Also - I like the side audio feature, BUT I only get Mono Input options from the drop-down menu. ?!

I hope you/someone can help me. I really love your editor... .
Ok - Great, I found the BPM Button.  :o (but still wondering if a stereo input could be added to the 'Side audio'...)

I really love codeknobs Editor, one feature (if possible!?) woud be great if the editor is switching to Layer B when you press the Layer B button... . (And FX when the FX button is pressed...) It would make the workflow more intuitive.