Am I allowed to say this? ;-)

jg666

Am I allowed to say this? ;-)
« on: November 11, 2017, 06:15:38 AM »
I really love this synth :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 08:37:43 AM by Sacred Synthesis »
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

Re: Am I allowed to say this?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 06:57:35 AM »
+1
Original Model D <> Sub 37 <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 <> Prophet Rev2 8Voice <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Prologue16 <> Triton Le <> Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55 <> Sound Gizmo

"They're not aliens...they're Americans!"
(The Mouse That Roared, 1959)

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 07:45:05 AM »
Yes ... and + another 1.
Sequential Rev2, Korg Nautilus, Moog Subsequent 37, Studiologic Sledge 2, Sequential Pro 3, Oberheim Matrix 6R, Behringer Monopoly, Roland D-10,Roland Alpha Juno 1, Yamaha TX81z, Rokland D-110, Yamaha TG55.

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 08:15:20 AM »
+2

Murphy

• Keyboard, French Horn
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 05:08:59 PM »
Without a doubt, an amazing instrument. Love the Rev2 and the amazing support team too.

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 12:40:56 AM »
What Murphy said plus the regulars in this group with the information and insights they bring.  This will be my last synth (the first was an Arp Odyssey in 1974) and I couldn't be happier that it is what it is.  Outstanding.
Beauty Originality Simplicity Sincerity Discrimination

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 07:44:26 AM »
Love it. I really hope they fix the bugs so i can love it even more.
I only wish there where more tutorials on how to program the synth. I know the basics, but it would be helpfull for noobs like me to get a nice overview of all the parameters. Someone who creates some patches from scratch. i made my own but I always end up with some string sounds or bass sounds. I find it easier and more intuitive to programme my MS 20 and monologue. So, if someone knows any good tutorials, please leave a link.

Gerry Havinga

• Really enjoying creating sounds and composing.
    • For the love of electronic music
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 07:48:56 AM »
I only wish there where more tutorials on how to program the synth. I know the basics, but it would be helpfull for noobs like me to get a nice overview of all the parameters. Someone who creates some patches from scratch. i made my own but I always end up with some string sounds or bass sounds. I find it easier and more intuitive to programme my MS 20 and monologue. So, if someone knows any good tutorials, please leave a link.
Perhaps these patch sheet examples help, see: https://gezz.eu/tutorials/ I am planning to make more and work on some tutorials, just a question of time. Also have a look at the other forum topics here, the Evolver tutorial manual is quite good to help understanding some aspects of patch programming. Some of it applies directly to the Rev2.
DAW-less and going down the Eurorack rabbit hole.

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 03:27:56 PM »
Perhaps these patch sheet examples help, see: https://gezz.eu/tutorials/ I am planning to make more and work on some tutorials, just a question of time. Also have a look at the other forum topics here, the Evolver tutorial manual is quite good to help understanding some aspects of patch programming. Some of it applies directly to the Rev2.

Do you have a link to that Evolver tutorial you're referring to? I'd like to take a look at it.

Gerry Havinga

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 10:26:45 PM »

Do you have a link to that Evolver tutorial you're referring to? I'd like to take a look at it.
Sacred Synthesis put a link to it in the Evolver Desktop threat:

https://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,21.0.html

It's an awesome tutorial, Anu Kirk put a lot of effort into this.

Another tutorial based book of sound synthesis in general I can recommend is Jim Aikin's "Power Tools for Synthesizer Programming".

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 04:41:40 AM »
Thanks!

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 05:44:53 AM »

https://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,21.0.html

It's an awesome tutorial, Anu Kirk put a lot of effort into this.

Another tutorial based book of sound synthesis in general I can recommend is Jim Aikin's "Power Tools for Synthesizer Programming".

"Threat"?  Gerry, I'm not that bad, am I?  :D

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 06:00:58 AM »

A quite often seen typo, always nice  ;)
DSI Prophet Rev2

Gerry Havinga

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2017, 01:06:35 PM »
Oh oh and there I am making jokes about cultural language differences in another thread  :)

This is just a little secret something about the Dutch and our language .... please do keep this a secret. We have guarded this secret for centuries. But a lot of us are "d" and "t" and "dt" challenged - we just keep messing up and swapping those wretched letters around. Even when we (try to) speak or write other languages.

And no Sacred, you are anything but a threat (or was it thread, or perhaps threadt ...... I cannot remember).  ;)

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2017, 07:53:51 PM »
That's okay, Gerry.  My Irish wife pronounces "th" as "t," making for some interesting results.  It's a local Cork accent of sorts.  Thus, this would be a "tread" about the Rev2 "syntesizer".

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2018, 10:52:18 AM »
+3! Over the past couple years I’ve gone from Mopho X4, Tetra, A4, Prophet 08, Minilogue, DM6, and finally with the Rev2 it feels like I’m done looking! Maybe my synthesis skills have improved a bit but within an hour I had several useable patches starting from init. Connected much better with me than with the Prophet 08 and it doesn’t seem like every patch I make has the same vibe like it did with the X4 or P08. Opted for the 8 voice but can see wanting to get the expansion eventually. Everything seems to be immediately tweakable, arps and sequences super easy, love the simple but super useful fx, and again, sound is so good!

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2018, 01:20:21 PM »
I'm also very happy with the REV2. Whatever I want to do is possible.
This morning for instance I wanted to play with some Berlin style sequencing. 2 layers, both a gated sequence, both delay without feedback. Excellent!! With one synth!!

eXode

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2018, 01:24:41 PM »
+1

I got the REV2 8 voice a couple of days ago. Haven't used hardware in quite some time, but have previously owned both the desktop evolver, the tetra, and the poly evolver keyboard so I'm familiar with the Dave Smith character (of sound).

I think the REV2, like the P'08 before it, is a very fine instrument. It's very intuitive to use, and I actually find it easier to program sounds from scratch compared to editing existing patches. I was also very pleased that I could also load my Tetra patches (converted to P'08 format). Not all of them translates perfectly because of some differences in feature set, but I'm still happy that I can revisit some of these sounds. :)

jg666

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2018, 11:50:02 PM »
I’m still loving this synth after nearly a year :) When I first started this thread I meant to put a ;-) on the end of it but forgot and I doubt I can do that now after all this time
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2018, 07:19:23 AM »
Done.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 11:49:09 AM by Sacred Synthesis »