Am I allowed to say this? ;-)

Re: Am I allowed to say this?
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2018, 09:22:49 AM »
Am I allowed to say that I don't like the REV2 that much ? There are always two sides to a story.  ;)
Yes, it's a decent polysynth. But it does have some, what should I call them, irritants ?

I much prefer my OB6 despite it being a much more "basic" polysynth.

Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

jg666

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2018, 09:40:08 AM »
Tell me where you want it and I'll add it.

Actually what might be better is to put a big grin on the end of it like this:-

Am I allowed to say this?  ;D

DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2018, 10:03:32 AM »
The end of what?  Are we talking about the title of the thread?

jg666

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2018, 10:30:57 AM »
The end of what?  Are we talking about the title of the thread?

Yes please. Sorry I didn’t explain it properly.
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2018, 11:41:48 AM »
Am I allowed to say that I don't like the REV2 that much ? There are always two sides to a story.  ;)
Yes, it's a decent polysynth. But it does have some, what should I call them, irritants ?

I’d be curious to know what those irritations are. I’ve only had a few hours with one in the shop. The main things I noticed were the oscillator mix knob (as opposed to separate levels for each) and the current inability to quickly mute or unmute an oscillator without having to cycle through the waveforms. Global LFO would be welcome 2.

I need a bit more time trying stuff out before I buy my first poly.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2018, 11:47:18 AM »

I think the original poster's intent was to somewhat wryly express his happiness over the Rev2, amid the tendency of folks to complain ad nauseam about its supposed shortcomings.  It's the same with all the instruments, and it does get wearisome.  This thread, presumably, was meant to provide some relief from the negativity.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 11:52:36 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

jg666

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2018, 11:56:32 AM »

I think the original poster's intent was to somewhat wryly express his happiness over the Rev2, amid the tendency of folks to complain ad nauseam about its supposed shortcomings.  It's the same with all the instruments, and it does get wearisome.  This thread, presumably, was meant to provide some relief from the negativity.

Yes 100% correct :) 

eXode

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2018, 01:34:00 PM »

To me, it's a little like saying that you prefer Fender over Gibson. They are very different instruments, in my humble opinion. :)

Global LFO would be welcome 2.

Still, I prefer having 4 polyphonic LFOs over a single LFO that can only have a single destination active at a time (yes Korg Prologue, I'm looking at you!). :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 01:47:23 PM by eXode »

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
Re: Am I allowed to say this? ;-)
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2018, 05:36:32 PM »
We absolutely adore our Rev2!!!  It truly is endlessly inspiring and haven’t even scratched the surface of the many modulation possibilities.  It’s used for bassines just as much if not more than our Subsequent 37.
SEQUENTIAL Pro 3, DSI Prophet 12, DSI Prophet Rev2-8, Moog Subsequent 37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Novation Bass Station 2, BOSS VE500, MOTU Micro Lite, AKAI APC240 MKII, SSL Fusion, UAD Apollo X6, MacBook Pro 2017, ADAM A7X Monitors, Logic X
www.syzygyxmusic.com
https://syzygy-x.bandcamp.com

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2018, 05:09:13 AM »

To me, it's a little like saying that you prefer Fender over Gibson. They are very different instruments, in my humble opinion. :)

Global LFO would be welcome 2.

Still, I prefer having 4 polyphonic LFOs over a single LFO that can only have a single destination active at a time (yes Korg Prologue, I'm looking at you!). :)

I should have clarified, I meant a global LFO in addition to the per-voice LFOs.

Sleep of Reason

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2018, 09:02:11 AM »
With the REV2 it takes very little effort to actualize whatever interesting idea you have in your head and do it without even touching the effects section. Whereas with a more basic synth it takes a lot more finessing (and often effects) to get anything quite as interesting. Of course you can get very beautiful sounds out of it as well. The only real downside sound-wise is that it can be lacking or even a tad grating with thinner tones, which can be easily amended by fattening things up with all the options available.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 10:27:42 AM by Sleep of Reason »

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2018, 06:39:51 PM »
I've had my Rev2 since late last year and it still puts a big smile on my face when I hear its sounds...love it!!   ;D
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 06:48:03 PM by jayinmaine »