P12 Rack Distortion Problem

P12 Rack Distortion Problem
« on: November 10, 2017, 01:53:19 AM »
I finally stepped up from a mopho to a P12 rack, I absolutely love it, but I got it used and the distortion on layer A is bad. Nothing at all on any prog. Just a faint high-pitch when at full 127. I've tried everything, same prob in mono or stereo and either output. I've searched the manual and this forum. Please tell me I'm missing something and I didn't get a gimp unit!  :-\

edit: Tried a global reset and still nothing happens when I turn up distortion on layer A. Running 1.4.1 would a update help?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 02:37:31 AM by spectrum »

Re: P12 Rack Distortion Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 06:04:06 AM »
I hate to say it but does sound like a defect.

Really a bummer but I’m guessing it could be fixed at a service center for not too ridiculous a price as it is I believe it just a component prior to the output.

But you really should contact support directly as they will know more and be of more help than anyone on here can provide.

All the best with it and hopefully for you can have a fully functional unit for a reasonably minor price.

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 08:32:19 AM »
But you really should contact support directly as they will know more and be of more help than anyone on here can provide.

I second that.  DSI support is fantastic and I'm sure they'll get you up and running with as little inconvenience and cost as humanly possible  ;)
Mutiny in Jonestown, Progressive Rock Since 1987:

Bandcamp: https://mutinyinjonestown.bandcamp.com/

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 04:13:39 PM »
Thanks guys, it's a super bummer, but I got a great deal on it on ebay, I'd hate to send it back. DSI responded right away, and hopefully I'll get a repair estimate soon. Tried retune and OS update, still only distortion in one ear. I used to run my mopho through an AMT-11B it was a monstrosity! The P12s distortion is my favorite feature! : /