Addressing OS requests issues

LoboLives

Addressing OS requests issues
« on: November 08, 2017, 12:28:01 PM »
I know this is going to come off as whining but I need to ask. The Prophet 6 and OB6 both had some feature requests for a while now in regards to the on board sequencer. It doesn't send midi out and also it can't transpose without holding down the record button. There's been requests to have these features implemented among other things in a final OS update...this has been put on the backburner as DSI seem to be focusing on the REV2.

However, my issue is why these feature requests weren't implemented on the REV2's poly sequencer? It suffers the same drawbacks as the P6 and OB6 sequencer. I'm not sure about how complicated it would be to update it in regards to sending midi but Robot Heart said a while back that as far as transposing goes it should be rather simple. The idea of simply holding the Hold button down until it begins flashing, play the sequencer and then have the ability to transpose the sequencer on the fly with one hand. Much easier and more practical for playing multiple synths. The REV2 has already had some OS updates so I'm curious why this hasn't been addressed. I don't expect a P6 or OB6 update any time soon...probably at least another year or two before that happens and now with Namm around the corner is the REV2 update going to be pushed back as well? I think if DSI has no intentions of adding any new features to the Prophet 12,6,OB6 or REV2  they should simply come out and announce it as such like they did with the Tempest. It may not be what their customers want to hear but we have people asking for Mopho x4 updates still...I think the least we could have is closure so all of us can move on and stop posting requests for something that won't happen.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 12:30:09 PM by LoboLives »

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Addressing OS requests issues
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 12:52:37 PM »
Have you tried emailing DSI directly?  Because, if your question is "Why?" then no one on the forum can give you an answer.  Instead, it will lead to yet another thread full of complaints.  I'm not saying that you don't have a good question.  You do.  But it seems pointless to ask it here, when the only folks who can answer the question are in San Francisco.

LoboLives

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 12:57:35 PM »
Have you tried emailing DSI directly?  Because, if your question is "Why?" then no one on the forum can give you an answer.  Instead, it will lead to yet another thread full of complaints.  I'm not saying that you don't have a good question.  You do.  But it seems pointless to ask it here, when the only folks who can answer the question are in San Francisco.

DSI's staff are on this forum but perhaps you are right.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 01:02:48 PM »
I don't mean to be rude.  It's just that the DSI staffers are redundantly having to say to folks here, "Please contact our dedicated staff."  If you want a discussion, that's one thing.  But if you just want a direct answer, then there's a better way of getting one.

LoboLives

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 01:11:23 PM »
I don't mean to be rude.  It's just that the DSI staffers are redundantly having to say to folks here, "Please contact our dedicated staff."  If you want a discussion, that's one thing.  But if you just want a direct answer, then there's a better way of getting one.

No hard feelings at all. You are 100% right. I sent them an e-mail right now :)

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 01:12:13 PM »
Sacred Synthesis is right. Best way to get an answer from staff is to contact our dedicated support channel.

I've recently answered this, as has been answered numerous times across many forums. The short answer is just because you make a feature request it doesn't mean it's going to get implemented. I gave a lengthier explanation less than a month ago on another thread you started in the P6 forum.

Everything detailed in my response still applies here, and for all future requests as well: http://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,1191.msg21136.html#msg21136
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

LoboLives

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 01:19:13 PM »
Sacred Synthesis is right. Best way to get an answer from staff is to contact our dedicated support channel.

I've recently answered this, as has been answered numerous times across many forums. The short answer is just because you make a feature request it doesn't mean it's going to get implemented. I gave a lengthier explanation less than a month ago on another thread you started in the P6 forum.

Everything detailed in my response still applies here, and for all future requests as well: http://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,1191.msg21136.html#msg21136

No I understand all that. What I am saying is if there will be no more features or updates added perhaps it's best to just make a post addressing it as such like was done on the Tempest. That way it'll provide closure and not have you get bombarded with the same questions. That's all.

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 01:27:15 PM »
To my knowledge, no DSI staff member has definitively indicated there would be no more updates to those instruments. If you'd like to continue discussing instruments other than the Rev2, please use the appropriate forum(s).

As a reminder, regardless of instrument, please refer to my previous answer on whether or not a specific feature will be implemented.
Thanks!
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM