chord memory limited to just 4 notes?

dslsynth

Re: chord memory limited to just 4 notes?
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2017, 10:11:52 AM »
It's tough to recall specifically from development exactly why we limited it to 4 voices. I've made a note internally to look at this when we circle around to the Prophet Rev2 OS next.

Could very well be a code complexity thing as with the current four note limit there are always enough voices available to play all the notes even in case of a split mode sound on an eight voice Rev2.
#!/bin/sh
cp -f $0 $HOME/.signature

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2017, 06:44:31 AM »

Could very well be a code complexity thing as with the current four note limit there are always enough voices available to play all the notes even in case of a split mode sound on an eight voice Rev2.

okay, but I bought a REV2 16v, not a REV2 8voice. It's not EXACT the same instrument, so why use EXACT the same software / code, if there's more potential into this one? That's my point...

Yes, I can use the harmonizer of my Squarp Pyramid (when REV's local = off, so not ideal also) or even use a 100 bucks Arturia Keystep, that allows you to even build chords of 16 voices in Chord Mode and send this to the REV2's midi input...

But hey, that makes my setup more complex and I don't want al that extra hardware in every situation, especially in live situations.

The REV 2 has a good and large keyboard, so kind of ridiculous to connect a KeyStep to it just for having a workaround to make things like this possible, isn't it?

This is a 2K synth with 16V, so why limit it's possibilities while I know for sure it should be possible to program this.

I really hope they'll think about this also...

dslsynth

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2017, 01:29:27 PM »
okay, but I bought a REV2 16v, not a REV2 8voice. It's not EXACT the same instrument, so why use EXACT the same software / code, if there's more potential into this one? That's my point...

I am not working for DSI nor involved in their OS development. Maybe DSI can answer that question.
#!/bin/sh
cp -f $0 $HOME/.signature