Recreating Presets

Recreating Presets
« on: November 04, 2017, 02:48:48 PM »
As a learning tool, I decided to "recreate" some of the presets in the Rev2 (I honestly can't remember which ones now), carefully mapping every single parameter so that the recreation would match the original preset perfectly. However, I noticed that the patches, while faithfully recreating the sound of the presets, are somehow quieter, or not as "full" sounding as the originals and I cannot for the life of me work out why. Like I said, I mapped every single parameter, including effects. What am I missing exactly? It's driving me a little crazy! I'd hate to think it was a problem with my synth (although I doubt that this would be the case, as it can produce the sounds in the first place).   

jg666

Re: Recreating Presets
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 03:36:08 PM »
I’m no expert but a couple of things spring to mind.

1) Program Volume (misc Params)
2) If it’s a Unison type patch how many voices are assigned?

Edit just thought of another, Pan Spread can make the patch sound ‘thicker’

« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 03:38:05 PM by jg666 »
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

Re: Recreating Presets
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 07:08:52 AM »
Thanks for the help. This is such a deep instrument that there always seems to be something else hiding around the corner! In this instance, though, it was the obvious - as you suggested, it was the number of unison voices assigned. Thanks again!