Got my Prophet 6 back from the repair shop..

LoboLives

Got my Prophet 6 back from the repair shop..
« on: November 03, 2017, 11:38:42 PM »
Finally got my Prophet 6 back from the repair shop. I had a new board installed as certain patches and sounds were cutting out. Sadly it was still being problematic when I was at the shop. Carson Day from DSI was on the phone with us and very helpful and after a few updates and calibrations it seemed to be working. I’ll test it more thoroughly this week. One thing that was interesting was the P6 in the shop itself was experiencing the same problems. This is a well known bug and it’s been addressed in the latest firmware.

While I appreciate DSI are putting their focus on the REV2 and fixing any issues with that synth I would still strongly recommend that both the P6 and OB6 are given one last firmware update...clearing out any bugs and implementing some much needed features (transposing the sequence on the fly without having to hold down the record button, midi output from the sequencer etc). Both the P6 and OB6 are much more expensive than the REV2 and not to sound petty I believe should still be given priority or at least a bit of an effort made to cater to their users as well. I understand DSI is a small operation but I hope they don’t let some of their best gear linger in need of updates. Just one last firmware update or at least an effort to say “Alright guys we are going to do one last update for the P6 and OB6 what bugs need to be addressed and what features would you want because after this there will be no more.”

I just feel that I spent $4000 on my P6 and some of the joy is a bit tainted because of the faulty board, the month and a bit waiting for the repair, finding out it was still clunky and still needing work after the repair and all the while there’s been no word on any updates or anything. I’d rather not be waiting two or three years for a “No more updates” message from DSI.

Re: Got my Prophet 6 back from the repair shop..
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 07:13:58 AM »
One thing that was interesting was the P6 in the shop itself was experiencing the same problems. This is a well known bug and it’s been addressed in the latest firmware.

While I appreciate DSI are putting their focus on the REV2 and fixing any issues with that synth I would still strongly recommend that both the P6 and OB6 are given one last firmware update...clearing out any bugs and implementing some much needed features (transposing the sequence on the fly without having to hold down the record button, midi output from the sequencer etc).

"...addressed in the latest firmware" implies that the units in question were not running the latest version.

Yet "I would still strongly recommend that both the P6 and OB6 are given one last firmware update...clearing out any bugs" implies that one would install it as soon as was made available.

As a software guy, I'm amazed at how many posts there are in which the poster mentions an problematic issue regarding the functionality of their device, yet have not applied the latest firmware*–if I had a dollar for each, I'd have a Mopho out of the deal, and be on my way to a Rev2.

C'mon folks, patch those beasts!
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 08:00:39 AM »
Hang on there.

I think the P6 and OB6 should be behind in the queue with the P12 and P2 in front! Those owners have been waiting the longest.

LoboLives

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 10:56:25 AM »
One thing that was interesting was the P6 in the shop itself was experiencing the same problems. This is a well known bug and it’s been addressed in the latest firmware.

While I appreciate DSI are putting their focus on the REV2 and fixing any issues with that synth I would still strongly recommend that both the P6 and OB6 are given one last firmware update...clearing out any bugs and implementing some much needed features (transposing the sequence on the fly without having to hold down the record button, midi output from the sequencer etc).

"...addressed in the latest firmware" implies that the units in question were not running the latest version.

Yet "I would still strongly recommend that both the P6 and OB6 are given one last firmware update...clearing out any bugs" implies that one would install it as soon as was made available.

As a software guy, I'm amazed at how many posts there are in which the poster mentions an problematic issue regarding the functionality of their device, yet have not applied the latest firmware*–if I had a dollar for each, I'd have a Mopho out of the deal, and be on my way to a Rev2.

No I had installed the latest firmware and it was still problematic when I took it into the shop. when I got it back from the repair shop the OS was downgraded to 1.2 so we updated it back to the latest. It seems to be working okay but i don’t know for sure. I made a video demonstrating me updating the firmware and still showing the problem. Sorry for the confusion.

LoboLives

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 10:58:15 AM »
Hang on there.

I think the P6 and OB6 should be behind in the queue with the P12 and P2 in front! Those owners have been waiting the longest.

Yeah I’m shocked that DSI haven’t said “No more updates” with the Prophet 12. They did with the Tempest.

LoboLives

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 11:05:46 AM »

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 12:25:54 PM »

No I had installed the latest firmware and it was still problematic when I took it into the shop. when I got it back from the repair shop the OS was downgraded to 1.2 so we updated it back to the latest. It seems to be working okay but i don’t know for sure. I made a video demonstrating me updating the firmware and still showing the problem. Sorry for the confusion.

Gotcha.
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000