Custom patches - Organs & Strings (style of Beach House and Grizzly Bear)

Hi!

I'm looking to exchange custom patches that mainly contain organ and string sounds.

The sounds I'm into are from bands like Beach House and Grizzly Bear. These guys normally use vintage string machines and combo organs for their songs but I think the rev2 should be capable of doing that too.
I'm looking for sounds that don't have extreme modulation going on but just subtle movements in vibrato and tremolo by the lfo's and that have a nice vintage feel. These are hard to find it seems in the patches out there.

I will upload some soon! It would be great if people have or know of patches like this!

Edit: Just found a nice pack of sounds online
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 05:28:21 AM by biski9 »

Re: Custom patches - Organs & Strings (style of Beach House and Grizzly Bear)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 07:01:32 AM »
Hi!

I'm looking to exchange custom patches that mainly contain organ and string sounds.

The sounds I'm into are from bands like Beach House and Grizzly Bear. These guys normally use vintage string machines and combo organs for their songs but I think the rev2 should be capable of doing that too.
I'm looking for sounds that don't have extreme modulation going on but just subtle movements in vibrato and tremolo by the lfo's and that have a nice vintage feel. These are hard to find it seems in the patches out there.

I will upload some soon! It would be great if people have or know of patches like this!

Edit: Just found a nice pack of sounds online

Most of those sounds, in isolation, are generally not terribly complicated, and rely upon external effects to add harmonics / movement / overdrive, etc.

As an aside–when I was younger, I played in a lounge act with two Roland Juno-106 units at my disposal (one mine, one which belonged to the bass player); his sounds tended to be very plain when the Juno chorus was turned off, and made use of the HPF–yet they blended far better in an ensemble situation then my fully-baked, harmonically-rich efforts, and sounded way better once the chorus was turned on.

Moral of the story? Start simpler, and don't be afraid to scoop out the fundamental somewhat when you're layering on the effects.
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000