Avoid scratching your head

Avoid scratching your head
« on: October 31, 2017, 01:26:37 PM »
This might be old news to some of you but I found myself thinking something was wrong until I tried a few things. These aren't bugs but they might have you scratching your head.

1. When local is set to off: The Rev2 Sequencer doesn't receive midi via the DAW midi through function. I was trying to record a sequence last night but nothing was happening. Everything else was functioning normally via the DAW midi through except the sequencer.  It just wasn't getting the midi notes. Turned local on and bingo.

Helpful Tip: Setup a key command in your DAW that turns Midi Through on & off.

2. NRPNs vs CCs: I tried switching the global settings to CCs to CControl a second synth that uses CCs. I quickly found out that with this setting, even some of the Rev2's own parameters won't respond when using the DAW's midi through setting with local off...Even if both transmit and receive are set to CCs in the global settings.

More to come but I'll have to find my notes.
Original Model D <> Sub 37 <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 <> Prophet Rev2 8Voice <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Prologue16 <> Triton Le <> Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55 <> Sound Gizmo

"They're not aliens...they're Americans!"
(The Mouse That Roared, 1959)