How to open a Pro2

How to open a Pro2
« on: October 28, 2017, 02:34:23 PM »
Something is rattling around inside of my Pro2.  It sounds like a screw possibly and I want it removed.  Does anyone know how to open the Pro 2 up so I can get at whatever is in there rattling around?

Thanks

Joe

Re: How to open a Pro2
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 12:31:24 PM »
Hi, I got helped by DSI support when I had issues with the keyboard.
It is very easy to open the Pro2.

Here are the instructions:
  • To start, unplug all power/audio/MIDI/USB cables.
  • Unscrew the two screws in each of the wooden sides.
  • Once the wooden sides are removed, 3 additional screws on the left and 2 additional screws on the right side will be revealed. Remove these as well.
  • Next, lay down some padding like a towel or a pillow and flip the Pro 2 over. Remove the 2 black screws to the right of the left front rubber foot. They are smaller than the other black screws, they have no flanges, and will be slightly lower than the foot, not directly inline.
  • Flip the Pro 2 back over and with it facing you place your hands on the sides, on top half of the metalwork, and lift up and away from you. The lid will hinge open and stay open resting on the attached lanyard. You will be looking at the main board in the tray above the keybed.
  • Reassemble the Pro 2 in the reverse order.
RT Accelerator | DSI Pro 2 | Moog Sub 37 | Waldorf Blofeld |  Korg Volca FM | Korg Radias x2 | Yamaha Motif ES8 | Source Audio Ventris | TC Electronics M350 | Behringer Xenix X1622USB