Volume Knob Problem (Fade out)

Volume Knob Problem (Fade out)
« on: October 28, 2017, 03:32:44 AM »
Hello, recently the master sound started occasionally to fade out slowly.
If i touch the volume knob it is coming back.
I opened it a few times before as some screws went off inside during transportation.
Is it some static electricity inside the circuit.
Anyone experienced similar? What is the cure?

Thanks

Steven Morris

• Steven Morris Music & Sound
    • Steven Morris Music & Sound
Re: Volume Knob Problem (Fade out)
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 12:06:27 PM »
Hello, recently the master sound started occasionally to fade out slowly.
If i touch the volume knob it is coming back.
I opened it a few times before as some screws went off inside during transportation.
Is it some static electricity inside the circuit.
Anyone experienced similar? What is the cure?

Thanks

Hi randomknobs,

I have never heard of this issue, but it sounds like a potentially serious issue. I'd take that up with DSI Support as soon as possible.

Sorry I can't be of more help!

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 04:00:24 PM »
not sure there is DSI support here in mother russia..but a friend of mine told me he had same issue with filter and it went away by itself..fingers crossed) thanks

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 12:07:40 AM »
DSI support is great wordwide!

1) Its just dust. Start turning it from 0 to max 100 times and see if it fixes it.
2) Its a faulty pot. Then contact DSI. I had a faulty pot on my Prophet and DSI helped me!

Greetings from a neighbor in Estonia!

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 05:32:00 AM »
not sure there is DSI support here in mother russia..but a friend of mine told me he had same issue with filter and it went away by itself..fingers crossed) thanks

Could it be because of something is controlling it by midi? Does it happen when nothing is connected to Tempest? I had the same issue with distortion knob (occasional fade-ins and outs, had to set it each time manually ) during one of the live sets, and only after discovered that something from the long midi chain was sending CC messages...

Also, have you ever considered that it's Russian hackers attack? It would be not so easy to prove but definitely worth to be investigated!)

P.S. Greets from Moscow ;)

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 04:16:34 PM »
thank you  for your responses brothers.
Looks like it was dust multiplied by humidity of Batumi city in Georgia where it traveled with me this summer.
Was a hell of a trip... for both)