Cannot connect my p6 Via midi to my computer

Cannot connect my p6 Via midi to my computer
« on: October 25, 2017, 11:46:29 AM »
Hey DSI fam!

I cannot see my P6 in the Audio Midi Set up Midi studio, nor does it send or receive midi to my computer or Ableton Live. It used to work and I have no idea what's changed that is causing it to work. It has been several months since the last time I tried it.

I'm sure this is something super easy and stupid but it's literally making me bonkers. I'm really want to use my p6 as a midi controller for Ableton Live Suite (9.7.5) on my mid 2015 15 inch macbook pro 10.11.6. I don't think this is super relevant but just in case: I'm using a apogee duet as my audio interface with two monitors plugged in for monitoring.

I'm able to get my Moog Sub Phatty and Ableton Push 1 to show up in the Audio Midi Set up and are able to get midi in and out of Ableton no problem with no configuration.

I purchased my P6 a couple months after the initial release. I was able to get midi in and out of it with no configuration changes on my computer or in Ableton. I just had to set the Global Param on the P6 to:
Midi Control = On
Midi SysEx = USB
Midi Out = USB
Midi Channel = All

I've tried pretty much every combo of global parameters and can't make it work. I've tried a global reset (hold down globals + write button, not sure if it worked or not since there isn't really any visual feedback if it actually reset or not). I plug other synths in and it works just plug in play. I can't even get the P6 to show up in the Audio Midi Set up!! Please help!!!