Duophonic sequence

Duophonic sequence
« on: October 24, 2017, 10:25:13 PM »
Hello everyone,

So apparently it is not possible to do the following:

I have an 8 step duophonic sequence, note lenght is set to 16th. I am trying to real time record notes into a sequencer so it plays like this:

Voice one plays 16th notes, on all 8 steps while voce two plays 8th note on first two steps (16th plus tie), then rest on 3rd step, then 16th on step 4, then rests on steps 5-8.

Graphically it looks like this:

Voice 1-  E3, E3,  E3,  E3,  E3,   E3,   E3,   E3
Voice 2 - E2, tie, rest, E2, rest, rest, rest, rest

It cant be done :-(.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 11:02:45 PM by borisf »

LoboLives

Re: Duophonic sequence
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 11:09:39 PM »
Hello everyone,

I have an 8 step duophonic sequence, note lenght is set to 16th. I am trying to real time record notes into a sequencer so it plays like this:

Voice one plays 16th notes, on all 8 steps while voce two plays 8th note on first two steps (16th plus tie), then rest on 3rd step, then 16th on step 4, then rests on steps 5-8.

Because the Prophet is monotimbral you are essentially wanting to program a bi timbral sequence.

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 12:34:36 AM »
Hello everyone,

Because the Prophet is monotimbral you are essentially wanting to program a bi timbral sequence.

I am not trying to program a bi timbral sequence, its a simple polyphonic sequence. I am playing 2 notes at the same time  with one sound. The issue is that  two notes that are playing at the same time have different lengths.If i can play that sequence in real time I should be able to record it in a sequencer.I can record six notes at the same time but they all have to have the same length.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 12:46:57 AM by borisf »

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 01:02:24 AM »
Hello everyone,

I am not trying to program a bi timbral sequence, its a simple polyphonic sequence. I am playing 2 notes at the same time  with one sound. The issue is that  two notes that are playing at the same time have different lengths.If i can play that sequence in real time I should be able to record it in a sequencer.I can record six notes at the same time but they all have to have the same length.

It's a moot point inasmuch as you'd be re-triggering the envelopes on the most frequent note triggers anyway, so voice 2 would always re-trigger when voice 1 does. It's not a polysynth, which is what you'd need in order to be able to separately articulate voice 2's filter / amplitude with a hold / tie / legato marker.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 01:04:42 AM by DavidDever »
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 02:24:22 AM »
Hello everyone,

It's a moot point inasmuch as you'd be re-triggering the envelopes on the most frequent note triggers anyway, so voice 2 would always re-trigger when voice 1 does. It's not a polysynth, which is what you'd need in order to be able to separately articulate voice 2's filter / amplitude with a hold / tie / legato marker.

Got it, thanks.