Wondering about that issue with assigning multple mods to the same source

I'm wondering if this has been resolved, if its maybe in the works for being resolved, of if maybe I'm going about doing something wrong.

Within the modulation section, if you try to assign a source via the hold source button, it only works once.

Try holding source, moving modwheel then assigning destination to cutoff.

Now try to do it as a second time but this time attaching mod wheel to osc freq. You can't access the mod wheel again from the mod source button. You have to find it manually which gets to be a bit tedious in the heat of the moment while patching.

Just gonna give it this one bump since clearing up this issue would greatly improve my workflow.

Hmm, I tried this some days ago but it seemed to work more or less. At least it was not completely reproduceable what you found out. I did not try many different scenarios though. I cannot try it at the moment, had to leave the synth at home for a few days, but can have a look at it again next days. As far as I remember the second hold+modwheel opened sometimes the first assigned setting and sometimes it added the modwheel a second time. But donˋt rely on that, should be really checked again.
DSI Prophet Rev2

OK, tried it and it is as you write. Don't know what I saw when I tried it first. However, you can select the modwheel a second time when first selecting a different destination. Try this:

1. Hold source and move the modwheel, then assign the destination.
2. Hold source and move the pitchwheel, then move the modwheel while still holding the source.

So the second slot is first assigned to the pitchwheel and then to the modwheel and you have the second modwheel source available.
DSI Prophet Rev2

OK, tried it and it is as you write. Don't know what I saw when I tried it first. However, you can select the modwheel a second time when first selecting a different destination. Try this:

1. Hold source and move the modwheel, then assign the destination.
2. Hold source and move the pitchwheel, then move the modwheel while still holding the source.

So the second slot is first assigned to the pitchwheel and then to the modwheel and you have the second modwheel source available.

Nice catch there. Thanks!
Original Model D <> Sub 37 <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 <> Prophet Rev2 8Voice <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Prologue16 <> Triton Le <> Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55 <> Sound Gizmo

"They're not aliens...they're Americans!"
(The Mouse That Roared, 1959)

Re: Wondering about that issue with assigning multple mods to the same source
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 09:05:21 PM »
Ah great! that fix is good enough for me. This will save me loads of time as I like to attach multiple things to the mod wheel.

Thanks bud