What is Audio Out as a modulation source?

What is Audio Out as a modulation source?
« on: October 19, 2017, 02:17:27 PM »
I've been experimenting with it trying to figure out exactly what its doing but I still have no idea.

I made a self osc filter and attacked audio out to cutoff freq. interesting noises for sure but I still have no clue whats actually going on.

Any idea? or some ideas for usage?

cbmd

• Sequential
Re: What is Audio Out as a modulation source?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 03:44:38 PM »
The mod is the audio signal which is converted from the analog domain to the digital domain pre FX.  So the modulation source will be the synth's audio signal pre FX.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 03:14:16 PM »
The mod is the audio signal which is converted from the analog domain to the digital domain pre FX.  So the modulation source will be the synth's audio signal pre FX.

As I'm looking at this mod source too, the answer did not offer any clue as to what it's good for in the modulation matrix? ... I've routed it to several destinations but very few of them yield any audible result, some only very very faint...

What exactly is this mod source good for? ... you write that it's the signal after the ADC for the FX, I'm with you that far, but I've only found a use for it, routing it to Pan, as it gives a strange lo-fi like stereo sound.

What frequency is the mod matrix running at in the REV2 anyway?
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 05:11:29 PM »
It's mostly good for skronky effects--sort of a lofi FM. Route it to Distortion Gain and you get some really rich but nasty tones--almost like bitcrushing sometimes. Route it to Delay Param 1 for some super lofi squelch. Route it to an Osc Frequency to get digital wavetable-type sounds. It only seems to affect certain destinations though.