Sustain function not working

Sustain function not working
« on: October 18, 2017, 08:00:49 AM »
Hello. I have read through the other posts in this forum on this subject, and none of the proposed solutions work for me. I have tried to use six different sustain pedals with my Prophet 12, all of which work with other keyboards, but they do not work with my Prophet. I have tried changing “normally open” to “normally closed” but that doesn’t work. Sustain Footswitch setting is set to “Sustain”. Do I just have a faulty keyboard that needs fixed? Thanks for your help.

Re: Sustain function not working
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 08:20:41 PM »
Hello. I have read through the other posts in this forum on this subject, and none of the proposed solutions work for me. I have tried to use six different sustain pedals with my Prophet 12, all of which work with other keyboards, but they do not work with my Prophet. I have tried changing “normally open” to “normally closed” but that doesn’t work. Sustain Footswitch setting is set to “Sustain”. Do I just have a faulty keyboard that needs fixed? Thanks for your help.

If you've tried the pedals with other synths and they work and if you have tried both open & closed settings on the Prophet 12 and sustain still doesn't work, then yes you probably have a faulty Prophet 12 (sorry).

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 11:09:39 AM »
It's probably not your peddles, nor a defect.  The very first patch I tried I had noticed a similar issue.  Swapped out peddles, same deal.   It was caused simply by the particular patch I was on. Go to a patch w/o modulations that would counteract sustain.  Just try basic patch first with filter and amp ADSR's wide open.
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 08:18:42 AM »
It's worth pointing out that you have to leave the Global Mode in order to make the Sustain Pedal changes have effect. On (most) other synths the changes are instant when you make them in Global (or similar) mode. On P12 nothing regarding sustain pedal settings will happen until you leave Global Mode.
The 2 Sliders, Master Volume, Pitch Bend and Modulation Wheel seems to be the only controls that are alive during Global Mode.

I've tried Nord Pedal, Nord Triple pedal and Roland Sustain pedal. All worke'd.