Low-Pass Filter Issue?

Low-Pass Filter Issue?
« on: October 14, 2017, 11:54:16 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the Forum (and new to hardware synths in general). Got my Rev2 (8 voice) yesterday and noticed what I thought could be an issue (but I'm not sure). When I initialise a basic patch (or even open any patch, come to think of it) and tinker with the filter cutoff, sound seems to drop out until I touch one of the other controls in the filter section (usually velocity or key amount). As this is my first hardware synth, I'm not sure if this is normal behaviour. I'd appreciate it if anyone could put my mind at ease.

Thanks in advance.

Phil

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Low-Pass Filter Issue?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 03:16:54 PM »
Your issue may come down to how the parameters behave when you first touch them.  Go to Global, page 17, and set the "Pot Mode" to "Jump".  This will force the digits to immediately jump to the point you are at on each potentiometer.

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 04:14:51 AM »
Thanks! Worked a treat! Feel a little silly now for not reading the manual thoroughly enough...

Gerry Havinga

• Really enjoying creating sounds and composing.
    • For the love of electronic music
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 07:47:35 AM »
Don't feel silly, happens to us all. Enjoy the instrument, there is a whole world of sound design to discover using a "real" physical instrument. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask here.
DAW-less and going down the Eurorack rabbit hole.

Propheteer

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 09:26:07 PM »
Don't feel silly, happens to us all.

No, not all. Speak for yourself ;)

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 05:49:18 AM »
Thanks! Worked a treat! Feel a little silly now for not reading the manual thoroughly enough...

Great!  You'll learn a lot from the manual that you'll never learn from this forum.

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 08:26:44 AM »
Can't tell if I've just been burned!

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2018, 10:05:57 AM »
Hello...From looking inside the LPF function, I've tried to find why the dynamic data type input would produce an uninitialised array output but as of yet I have no idea why it's outputting an uninitialised array. I'm going to do a little research and see what I can find, however I hope that for now this post will help you continue with your project.